TN: 2012 Pra Morandina

Nicklasss

TN: 2012 Pra Morandina

Post by Nicklasss »

The first weekend after the convention is always hard. Going back to regular duties and regular wines, is a bit depressive, but the kids are helping to keep your schedule fun and busy!

So after all the nice wines from 6-7 days ago, return to normal with that 2012 Pra Morandina Valpolicelle Svperior. Color was light red. nose is nice, with kind of candy flowers, red berries, rasberries, and a light touch of soap. In mouth, light, but perfumed and kinda mediumly invading. Good light red berry fruits, leaves, light violet flowers, stay light with low acidity on the final, but I would say that I appreciate that style as much as the concentrated Valpo. Very good. TN: 85.

Nic
stefan

Re: TN: 2012 Pra Morandina

Post by stefan »

We are also back to normal, Nic; down to 1.5 bottles/day. Today we drink only one, 2008 St Innocent Shea Pinot Noir. It has emerged from its shell and is now wonderful. Full bodied for a PN, lots of fruit, a developing nose, and a lingering finish. Grand Cru Burgs would be pushed to better this wine in a blind tasting. Drink now and for the next 20 years.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Stefan, as you know a bit about US pinot, would you recommend the Au Bon Climat Pinot Noir?

Nic
stefan

Post by stefan »

I am the wrong person to ask about CA Pinot Noir, Nic. What little I have drunk from Au Bon Climat has been well made but not to my taste.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

That is true that your experience with US pinot, is 97 % St Innocent...

Nic
stefan

Post by stefan »

St Innocent is my favorite, but I also like many other OR PN (Chehalem, Evening Land, Domaine Serene, Cristom, ...). These days I still taste a number of CA PNs because of wine geek friends who like them and certainly recognize quality. These are clearly good wines, but few are to my taste. Kosta Browne, for example, is an impressive, usually massive, high end CA PN that I can appreciate why people love it, but it is not close to what I look for in a PN. On the other hand, I rather like aged Dehlinger even if I do not buy it.