First night at my brother's place

Nicklasss

First night at my brother's place

Post by Nicklasss »

With my brother for the weekend. Last night, we grilled some very nice steaks, and opened a few bottles.

2009 La Gramière, grenache: a bio wine that dis not appreciated the car trip. Very unidimensonnal, with cocoa and prunes. Very pruney in mouth, with grainy tannins. Too simple. Tn: 80.

2011 Cornas Franck Balthazard: a very nice wine. Nice red color, with lots of fruits, mineral. Nose of rasberries, Green pepper, creamy red berries and charcoal. Mouth is medium power, with nice freshness, little berries, green pepper, lots of fruits, smoky. I liked that very much. Tn: 88.

2009 Côte-Rôtie Bernard Levet Améthyste: this was a real vin de terroir. Earthy, grainy, fruity, very masculine. Floral, dark berries, earth, rocks. Very good but a traditionnal style, but do not please everyone. Severe, needs Time. Tn: 88+.

2009 Côte-Rôtie Guigal Brune et blonde: more round and with a bit more oak, but very excellent. Rich rasberries, Bacon, vanilla, with concentrated red berry too. Very nice and balanced. A very nice wine. Tn: 90-91.

2010 Château Cantemerle: like reported be fore, a super buy! Dark color, with a superb nose of blackberries, flowers, light oak, leather and more berries. Nice nose, even if young. In mouth, good flavors of blackberries, coffee, dark rasberries, vanilla, with that very nice tannic structure. Long and glorious for such a young Bordeaux. I slightly prefer that 2010 to the 2009, who is excellent too.tn: 92-93+.

1989 Château Cantemerle: at a very nice spot. Complex, Long, very claret Bordeaux, but on a concentrated way. Flowers, red berries forest floor, spices, light chocolate tones. Etheral, truffles, more berries on the final. 12,5% alcool. Perfect. Tn: 94.

2003 Château Lynch Bages: a bottle, a few years, was ok only. This bottle was rich and ripe, but for sûre better. Full of red berries, ripe, spicy cinnamon. Mouth was ripe, not the dark of the dark that Pauillac coule be. Lush ripe berries. I think this is coming around, but nothing to do with the 1989. Structure is very ripe and soft. But good. Tn : 90.

That was enough!

Nic