TN: 2007 Orben

Nicklasss

TN: 2007 Orben

Post by Nicklasss »

On dstgolf recommendations, I tried the 2007 Orben Rioja tonight, and well, this is an impressive wine. Nice dark red color, nose is super complex with flowers, oak, red berries, rasberries, blackberries, smoke, spices, red pepper. Wow. In mouth, this is silky, intense, balance, a tad modern but in the right way. Chunky rasberries flavors, vanillin, oak, creamy sundried soil, abundant flattering tannins, tobacco, more dark berries and spices. Medium to long final. For 35$, well this already too amazing. TN: 93.

Try one to figure out.

Nic
dstgolf

Re: TN: 2007 Orben

Post by dstgolf »

Glad you enjoyed Nic. 2006 is also special stuff. This is the first year that I tried and grabbed a case that we are working through. I paid $29 on a clearance and for the price this is worth 2-4xs equivalent California or Bordeaux value. There is amazing quality and value in Spain right now and you don't need to be silly price wise. I must say relying on points has been very helpful wading through a region that I honestly am just starting to become oriented to. Yes the high end stuff has been on my radar and the top wines are truly great but they are also pricing themselves off the market like the first growths.I have tried most of the superstars but I find the challenge is to experiment and find gems in the rough before they are discovered like Pontet Canet in the mid 90's after Tesseron took over. Look what has happened once BWE has hyped the wine now!!
Danny