2010 Clos Marsalette....Haut Batailley side bar

robertgoulet

2010 Clos Marsalette....Haut Batailley side bar

Post by robertgoulet »

Tasted this at our pseudo 2010 bordeaux en primeurs and remember kinda liking it....though unfortunately this bottle was a big dissapointment....marred by charred oak with little else of any expression...fruit felt faded and there were no other characteristics to make this remotely interesting...not recommended at the current asking price approx. $30.

Though, I did see the decanter panel score the Haut Batailley 95+ points...this and the panty dropper (clos de l'oratoire, yes a tad over the top) were the first 2010 wines I purchased after the 2010 Orlando tasting...From my memory last yr. the Haut Batailley is a gorgeous wine, very classy, smooth, seemless and elegant...maybe not the textbook pauillac profile but still beautiful stuff...great value at $55
Bacchus

Re: 2010 Clos Marsalette....Haut Batailley side bar

Post by Bacchus »

Hey, I found my note from a couple of months back.
http://www.bordeauxwineenthusiasts.com/ ... ley#p39516
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Bacchus, check your PM.
Jeff Leve

Post by Jeff Leve »

I have a different opinion of Clos Marsalette. I think it's one of the top value wines of Pessac Leognan for both the red and white wines. Tasty, drinks well early and fairly priced, I like it. http://www.thewinecellarinsider.com/bor ... salette-2/
brodway

Post by brodway »

There are going to be a number of great values in 2010 in that $25-$50 range that is going to make some BWE'ers cry and wonder why they didn't buy more bottles of the wine.

Last week i drank my last bottle of the 1996 Clos Du Marquis....still drinking like a 90 point wine....i saved the cork in honor of Jim for being the benevolent force in acquiring that label .

The question remains what names are the contenders and which ones are the pretenders.

What a great theme it would be to have a few dozen wines from the 2010 vintage shared among BWE'ers (BLIND).