Sicilian wine info?

Chateau Vin

Sicilian wine info?

Post by Chateau Vin »

A while back I tasted a sicilian wine and was impressed. At the event, someone recommended that 2006 and 2008 vintages of Terre nere don peppino (?) is pretty good. Tried to find some, but couldn't find any. Wondering if someone had experience with these wines and knows any local place where to find some...
jckba

Re: Sicilian wine info?

Post by jckba »

While I have never had the Prephylloxera La Vigna di Don Peppino which is Terre Nere's top of the line offering, I have had the rest of the lineup and have even used the entry level Etna Rosso as one of my house reds and might repeat that this year with the 2012 ...

http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/tenut ... taly/2/usa
Michael Malinoski

Post by Michael Malinoski »

The 2010 Peppino really wasn't my cup of tea the one time I tasted it, but that was at the tail end of a bunch of Bordeaux wines, so I admit I need to try it again to give it a fair shake. You can search the site here for my tasting note if you're interested.

Curious to get your take if you try the 06 or 08.

-Michael
Winesense

Post by Winesense »

I have the Don Peppino still cellared. I winenerchent I trust (there is just one) has rated the wine 20/20. I enjoyed the entry line Rosso at vbarious oportunities. It has the best PQR I know.