Enabling -- '09 La Fleur de Boüard

hm$

Enabling -- '09 La Fleur de Boüard

Post by hm$ »

So I was just reading Tanzer's '09 horizontal notes and he was raving about the '09 Troplong-Mondot (which I have had, and loved, but it's pricey). And he's also bullish on the '09 La Fleur de Boüard. So I take a quick look -- market price is around $45.... but wait PJ's has it in stock with free shipping to the tri-state area, and no tax to CT/NJ. Can't beat that. I took 12 and there are plenty left.

hm$
Chateau Vin

Re: Enabling -- '09 La Fleur de Boüard

Post by Chateau Vin »

Hmmmm... Looks like PJs jacked up the price by 20% within the past couple of days....
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

Obviously, hm$ is influencing pricing.
Winona Chief

Post by Winona Chief »

I am another fan of La Fleur de Bouard. I have consumed many bottles of the 2000 La Fleur de Bouard. A really nice wine for $35 to $40 - not on release, just off the shelves of local retail stores as needed.

Chris Bublitz
JonB

Post by JonB »

hm$.....these are tasting notes from EWS (executive wine seminars?) , and tanzer is posting their report. Hopefully they were reviewing the base wine and not the La Fleur de Bouard "plus", but given the price they list, it should be the base wine.
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

I sopped up about 18 of the 2005 for $24 about four years ago. I think that only got the magic 89 points, maybe 90. It's an excellent wine with some interesting characteristics I really like, strong structure, impactful yet with balance and reserve. Will last. I assume the 09 has some added wow.

I also went for a case of the 01 not much further back. Something left over after release. Also excellent, in the style of that vintage and of course even less pricey.

Hubert, etc., said his goal was to establish LFdB as the Sociando Mallet of the RB or at least of LdP. He admires what Gautreau has done. Judging from the price it looks like he's there.