Wine til Sold Out??

dstgolf

Wine til Sold Out??

Post by dstgolf »

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with this site www.wtso.com.Only delivers in USA. Daily lots released and last for 24hrs. Apparently all wines listed have been rated 90+pts by someone and free delivery with 100% satisfaction guarantee. My friend yesterday said they filled their wine cellar in Florida over the winter and enjoyed everything they purchased but most labels he had never heard of. I asked him jokingly if he enjoyed off label counterfeit wine ? These guys advertise a guarantee of 30-70% off retail price. Sounds too good to be true. Anyone out here have any knowledge who,what where these guys are from and how are there wines sourced,stored etc?? Is this a legit operation that I/we should look closer at??
Danny
DavidG

Re: Wine til Sold Out??

Post by DavidG »

This is similar to other flash sale sites. It's real wine, the deals are real, sometimes they have pedestrian stuff, often times decent stuff, and sometimes (rarely) they have rare and expensive stuff, but it's almost always a good deal.

Too much work for me to keep track of, but if my cellar was in the log growth phase, I would probably use it.
jal

Post by jal »

What David said, I buy there occasionally (like 2-3 times a year)
Best

Jacques
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

I've bought a variety of wines from them but I generally buy wines and types of wines I know. Good source for inexpensive champagne and rose. Also some of their non classified Bordeauxs are good buys for every day drinking. Excellent CS and ask to be given access to the platinum list-a mirror site that also has some deals. I've also purchased some decent brunellos as well.
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Thanks for your feedback. Never seen anything like this north of the 49th. Prices have been crazy low and just wonder where the wines are sourced. With floods,fires and power failures I thought we'd see someone flogging damaged wines. Friends have said they have never had a bad bottle so I guess I'll check it out for Florida wine supply.
Danny
hautbrionlover

Post by hautbrionlover »

I have bought from wtso.com several times.
As for the ratings, you have to watch for whose ratings they are. For example, when it's Jonathan Newman, I just ignore the rating.