TN: 2000 Ch. du Tertre and 2000 Lafon-Rochet

Ramon_NYC

TN: 2000 Ch. du Tertre and 2000 Lafon-Rochet

Post by Ramon_NYC »

TN: 2000 Ch. du Tertre, Margaux
Well-balanced, with ripe yet firm fruit, slight hint of meat on the nose, smooth mouth-feel, a very good food wine and one that’s representative of the broad spectrum of a fine vintage. Popped-and-poured, this bottle was feminine, sexy and drank beautifully. It was purchased off-the-shelves from a store and which I suspect may have been quite advanced in terms of evolution. A good sign for my bottles that were purchased upon release and currently in storage.

TN: 2000 Ch. Lafon-Rochet, Saint-Estephe
Dense inky color. Nose of oak, some ripe black fruit and gravel(?). Unforgiving and tight even after 2 hours in the decanter. Just slightly opened in the 3rd hour showing signs of compact structure and a medium body, and some fresh acidity. I’d say that this has a promising future.

Ramon
JimHow

Re: TN: 2000 Ch. du Tertre and 2000 Lafon-Rochet

Post by JimHow »

Thank you for taking one for the team Ramon, I have both these wines in the cellar.
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Thanks for the update. Both were drinking very well last year and no question will be enjoyable for 10+ years. Certainly not the most expensive from the left bank and still very nice wine.

Danny
Danny
Houndsong

Post by Houndsong »

I've had the Tertre, maybe twice even, and it was excellent if young. The L-R was mighty tight, so much so that I wondered if there was anything in it. It's one of the few 2000s I tried from which I got nothing. That and the Pontensac. I will say that I got both wines sometime after release, although a number of 2000s seem impervious to shut down.