TN: Catching up with TN's including QC vertical

Harry C.

TN: Catching up with TN's including QC vertical

Post by Harry C. »

• 1993 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, Washington (5/31/2014)
    Medium garnet. Nose was all that-black fruits, dried herbs. Best nose of the vertical and no blueberry jam to be found. Taste was initially shy, but with airing it opened like a flower, similar taste to nose. Best of show and does this mean that QC needs 20 years?? (95 pts.)
  • 2002 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, Washington (5/31/2014)
    Deep garnet. Nose all black fruit and fresh herbs. Taste was mouthfilling, berries, herbs. Decanted 6 hours before serving. This is really good and really young. Recent published notes suggest a hot mess-not this bottle at all-bought from winery and stored in an active cellar. (94 pts.)
  • 2011 Peter Michael Chardonnay Mon Plaisir - USA, California, Sonoma County, Knights Valley (5/31/2014)
    Green gold. Nose was citric, vanillins, clove. Taste was smooth, rich, pear, mango. Lovely, young. (94 pts.)
  • 2003 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, Washington (5/31/2014)
    Deep garnet. Nose was nostril filling, dark fruits, blueberry among them. Taste was all fruit with some clove, tannins quite present. Very young, lots of potential. (93 pts.)
  • 2010 Aubert Chardonnay Reuling Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (5/31/2014)
    Green gold. Nose was muted, but shows vanilla, clove, mango. Taste was smooth, mango, good. Very good, kinda wanted more. (93 pts.)
  • 2010 Aubert Chardonnay Ritchie Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (5/31/2014)
    Gold yellow. Nose was more citrus, vanilla, hint of anise. Taste was licorice, lemon, cream. Very good. (93 pts.)
  • 2005 Château Larcis Ducasse - France, Bordeaux, Libournais, St. Émilion Grand Cru (5/31/2014)
    Deep garnet. Nose was almost a copy of a young Shafer Hillside-all sweet, berries, hint of mocha. Taste was surprisingly shy, hard to get much even after airing, vigorous swirling. I will taste the remaining bottle tomorrow, but I'm still surprised. Nose 99; taste 82-overall 90+ (90 pts.)
  • 1998 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, Washington (5/31/2014)
    corked badly. Too bad. NR (flawed)
Rieslingfan

Re: TN: Catching up with TN's including QC vertical

Post by Rieslingfan »

Had the '01 QC lately Harry?
Harry C.

Re: TN: Catching up with TN's including QC vertical

Post by Harry C. »

Dave, not in recent memory. I am drinking up the last of the 05 Larcis Ducasse and the nose is spot on, the taste is opening somewhat, very young Bordeaux. My guess is that my remaining bottle doesn't see the light of day for another 7-10 years.