Alsace Riesling under a nice sunny weather

Nicklasss

Alsace Riesling under a nice sunny weather

Post by Nicklasss »

It is warm this weekend here, and it was about time. Went to met some friends at their house, for an afternoon and dinner next to the pool. I don't have a pool at home, but when it is warm like this weekend, say 85F, pool is welcome.

With dinner, iOpened a bottle If the 2007 Léon Beyer les Écaillers Riesling, a perfect alsatian Riesling. Color is yellow, nose is full of lemon confit, orange, mineral, flowers. Superb powerful nose. In mouth, so rich on thebi attack, and so mineral and dry on the finish. Oil, lemon flavors, lemongrass, light peaches, and some fat, unusual for Riesling, but bring you back quickly with that straight dryness and mineral finish. soo nice to me. TN : 91. Congratulations to
Beyer, one of me favorite alsatian house.

Back to home, can't go to bed, s o having a small glass of 2003 Grenada Plantation Rum, a spirit that is incredibly seducing. One day, I'll tell you the story about how I hâte rhum, but since I discovered that Plantation serie Rum, it is like when I met Marie-Claude, i couldn't believe it!

Nic
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (104.21 KiB) Viewed 214 times
Nicklasss

Re: Alsace Riesling under a nice sunny weather

Post by Nicklasss »

That run has a nice nose of fancy sugar cane, with banana, vanilla, toffey, honey waffle, and light sweet marmelade. In mouth, well, elegance, don't feel any alcohol, spices, vanille, citrus, Brown sugar, long, lightly warm, a nice spirit. Very convincing.

Nic
Tom In DC

Post by Tom In DC »

Have you moved to Australia, Nic?
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

He did say "under" a nice sunny weather…

That Riesling sounds like the perfect match for the day.

Looking forward to the rum story, perhaps at our next convention.