Some more wines

Nicklasss

Some more wines

Post by Nicklasss »

Friday night, dinner with my family. A few bottles.

2012 Lacryma Christi del Vesuvio : a bottle my father brought back from Italy. Very dark color. Nose was very mineral, smoky, bitter Black cherries and coal. The mouth was not that complex, but with it medium body, was full of mineràls, plums, Black olives. Low tannins, low acidity, final on dry raisins. Very italian. TN : 87.

2010 Château Batailley : as much as I like the 2010 Cantemerle, this let me just hoping. Yes, very dark wine, with a closed nose with blackcurrants, blackberries, tar, licorice and some jalapeno green peppers. With is also closed, but the concentration here is an evidence. Lot of blackberries and smoke, with a cedar jalapeno touch, but not very tal king too much that night. Tannic. But yes, it should be a nice wine in what, 15-20 years I guess? TN :88 +.

2012 Château du Cèdre : Cahors very Black, more truffle, licorice and rasberries than anything else on the nose. This also look really young. More oak in mouth, very pruney, very tannic. Decanting would have helped. TN: 86.

2009 Anne Gros Nuits St-Georges Les Damodes : a very nice and smooth version of NSG. Clear red color, superb nose of many little berries, strawberries, kirsch, with something herbal and spicy oak. Blind, I would think more about Chambolle. In mouth, gracious but with intensity. More dark red berries flavors, spices, earth, and low tannins that doesn't dis turbo the long creamy berries finish. A wine of séduction. TN: 91.

2010 Château Du Retout : a Haut-Médoc from the top 100 from WS. I bought it as it is 84.4 % Cabernet Sauvignon. The darkest wine that night, the color stick to the glass. Nice nose, very Black : blackberries, Black plums, licorice, blackcurrants. Add some minerals and light oak. In mouth, masculine, but with a nice acidity anyhow, and Black licorice tannins. Creamy blackberries, light charcoal, more darkberries, long final on santal wood and prunes. Final judgment, I like it, with that strong acid/tannins backbone If 2010, and string Cab character. TN : 90.

Nic
Nicklasss

Re: Some more wines

Post by Nicklasss »

An image = 1000 words
Attachments
The corks
The corks
image.jpg (141.39 KiB) Viewed 473 times
stefan

Post by stefan »

Typically Batailley is impenetrable young, while Cantemerle can be charming. But I have not tasted the 2010 of either Chateau.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

The 2005 Château Batailley is an exception, as it was excellent to very fine, when I had it a few years ago.

Nic
Tom In DC

Post by Tom In DC »

I could understand the picture of the corks if you were in the Southern hemisphere, Nic.

Thanks for the notes.