1996 Rauzan-Ségla

Rudi Finkler

1996 Rauzan-Ségla

Post by Rudi Finkler »

Only 12,5 % alcohol, perfectly ripe. Not spectacular, but a real pleasure. If there is anything to criticise about this delicious Margaux, it is that the fruit is a little bit too one-dimensional. This became particularly clear last night when we opened an impressive bottle of 2004 Clémentin de Pape-Clement thereafter.
Comte Flaneur

Re: 1996 Rauzan-Ségla

Post by Comte Flaneur »

I've not tried this but apparently it performed very well recently at a lunch in a London Bordeaux themed lunch on another table. There is no reason why it shouldn't be very good. Thanks for the note Rudi.

I visited this estate in June, and we had a very nice tour around, and tasted the 2011 GV which was excellent and the 2008 Segla, which was also very good.

However our purchases didn't turn out so well: the 2004 and 2006 GV and the 2009 Segla. They seemed to go too far down the finesse route sacrificing some stuffing. A bit too effete. A bit too Karl Lagerfeld.
JimHow

Re: 1996 Rauzan-Ségla

Post by JimHow »

I would think 1996 + Rausan Segla would = success.

I'm thinking of springing for a 2010 Rausan Segla with my NH Liquor Store gift cards based solely on that James Suckling video we saw last year.