Kudos for Harry's book

Jay Winton

Re: Kudos for Harry's book

Post by Jay Winton »

Harry, when are you in DC? Can we organize a dinner with the locals? No Rhones of course.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Congratulations, Harry! Couldn't have a better review from a better critic.

And what Jay said, we need to get together and pop some corks.

Jon - good to see you found your way here.
stefan

Post by stefan »

I guess it is OK to quote one sentence from The Bob's review:

"this is the book I wished I had written in my wildest dreams."

That says it all, I think.

Congratulations, Harry!

stefan
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Congratulations, Harry, can't wait to read it and have it in my bookshelf!
Jon Burdick

Post by Jon Burdick »

Harry - You can't beat a favourable comment like that from the world's leading wine critic (and Rhone enthusiast). I'm also looking forward to reading it.

Yes, it has been awhile since I've posted.....since the transition to the new site. I like the layout, editing, easy login and other functions. My compliments to those who did all the work setting this up.

I had to stop posting for awhile.....call it "accumulation control". It worked! (for a short while).
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

Congratulations Harry...that was a pretty glowing accolade not just from the world's premier wine critic but the person who discovered Rhone Valley wines in the first place
Houndsong

Post by Houndsong »

Let's not start, Ian. Congratulations Harry.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

I wish CdP Harry and his book, the best success possible.

Congratulations to CdP Harry for a nice book and recognition by important critics. As we never have enough book on wine, I'll check how I can get your book.

And by the way, this weekend I'm going to Québec City, and plan to buy some 1998 Chateau de Beaucastel.

Nic
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Comte Flaneur wrote:Congratulations Harry...that was a pretty glowing accolade not just from the world's premier wine critic but the person who discovered Rhone Valley wines in the first place
Ian - you didn't know Parker was a Roman conqueror and planted vineyards in the Rhone in an earlier life?
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Congrats Harry. A lot of hard work and I'm sure much pleasure/satisfaction to see the book finally completed. Quite a noteworthy statement from the emporor himself. Any plans for North American distibution through Chapters/Canada,Borders/ USA?

Danny
Danny
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

A book signing session in Maine would be nice in September???!!!

Danny
Danny
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Agreed!
tim

Post by tim »

Congratulations Harry! May even get me to drink a few Rhones...
PappaDoc

Post by PappaDoc »

Go Harry! Go Harry! Go Harry!

Congrats :-)
HarryKaris

Post by HarryKaris »

Thanks all of you for the kind and encouraging words. Just return back home after a short trip to Washington. Robert Parker invited me to show him a representative and substantial part of the book. Although he already promised me doing the foreword I think in his position he must have a good impression on the book's quality level.
My son Phil (partly responsible for the graphical part of the book) and I met Robert Parker for a 3 h private lunch at the Oregon Grille in Baltimore. I never met him before and must say that he is a very nice and generous man. At the time we arrived Parker already had opened some of the finest CdP's Rayas, Beaucastel HaJP and Henri Bonneau's RC. He is as passionate about CdP as I am and assured me that he will help me where he can in bringing this project to a good end. Besides the foreword he offered me to advertise the book next to his own book on his website without claiming any benefits, I think a more than generous gesture. We showed him a large representative part of the book in full page high quality color print (close to book print quality) was able to impress him very much. We end up in an agreement that "Finally all roads lead to......yes....Chateauneuf-du-Pape".
The message he posted 1 hour later on his board was more than I ever dreamed of...positive. Very encouraging.....and of course superb promotion!

CdP-Harry
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Very exciting, Harry, let us know what we can do to help in our little corner of cyberspace!
I've pre-ordered my copy, looking forward to it!
HarryKaris

Post by HarryKaris »

Thanks Jim. Maybe you can add a link to the Retailers and Online sources. Within a few days a detailed map of the AOC Chateauneuf will be available and for sale online in the webshop. 164 winemakers located and many points of interest - restaurants, hotels and wine stores. Handy foldable and plasticized and very practical when visiting the area, as there are no good and far from complete maps now - and mine is free of commercial advertising - okay, the name of my website is printed on it -:))

CdP-Harry
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I think we can do better than that Harry, I'll talk to Phil about setting up some separate link promoting the book.
Jim