TNs: Burg-Deaux

Chateau Vin

TNs: Burg-Deaux

Post by Chateau Vin »

2002 Angerville Champans: Had this few days back, and boy was it good. One of the best Burgs I have tasted recently...Worried about the provenance at a retailer that I never purchased before and so picked up only few bottles. Now I am kicking myself... :x But atleast am glad that one of our fellow BWers picked up the rest... :P

I let it breathe for 40-45 minutes. And then it's off to races. Seductive nose with wild berries, sweet cherries, menthol and some earth notes. On the plate, silky smooth with well integrated round tannins with excellent fruit core. The balance of acidity was perfect for me. Consumed over a period of hour and a half, the complex nose kept on changing adding new dimension through its raspberry and clove notes... Not to mention, went quite well with grilled Salmon topped with rosemary, chives and capers... :D I feel it has few more years left, although it's singing right now at 12...

1996 Pichon 'Purple' Baron: This one is from a split, and is still youthful. Opened the bottle and was able to get a whiff of pencil shaving aroma from the bottled. Decanted for around 45 min, and additionally the nose showed cedar, and wet stones. After an hour, morphed into a cassis freshner...It had a good mouthfeel with dark cherries forming its the fruit core. Excellent length and savory at the moment. The tannin although integrated, has some prominent edges and should round out in time. The acid is also well balanced and feel the wine has very good life ahead... Compared to this, 96 GPL I had few weeks ago is in a better spot in terms of drinking window...