TN: 2004 St. Innocent Seven Springs PN

Claret

TN: 2004 St. Innocent Seven Springs PN

Post by Claret »

My second of three bottles purchased upon release, better than the bottle opened last year.

Mature and in the phase between secondary and tertiary, my favorite zone. A slight bottle chill helps to enhance the remaining fruit.

Fragrant with mid nose aromas of cedar, red cherry, leafy forest and some celery that comes and goes.

Soft and silky in texture with light to medium body, the flavors of leafy earth and tea are balanced by ample acidity and soft tannin on the moderate finish.

Similar to 2004 Anden, it is too bad Mark is unable to source any more fruit from this excellent vineyard.
Glenn
stefan

Re: TN: 2004 St. Innocent Seven Springs PN

Post by stefan »

I agree with everything you wrote, Glenn. We recently reduced stefanJr's supply of the '04 7 Springs to, I think, one bottle and hope he also shares his last one with us. (I joined the club for '05.)
Claret

Post by Claret »

stefan,

I will be digging into my remaining 2002's soon. I do prefer the wines having some remaining fruit rather than going totally tertiary.

After the 02's I will take a peek at the 05's, a vintage that should be excellent when ready.
Glenn
Michael Malinoski

Post by Michael Malinoski »

The 2002 St Innocent Shea a few of us shared a few weeks ago was tremendously good--probably the best St Innocent I can recall drinking in quite a while. I think it's a really good time to be checking in on it, Glenn, if you have that among your stash of 02s.
JCNorthway

Post by JCNorthway »

I've opened bottles of the 2005 White Rose and the 2005 Shea recently. I thought the White Rose was unlikely to improve - at least not much. But the Shea, I think, will still improve over the next several years.
Claret

Post by Claret »

Thanks for the updates Michael and John.
Glenn