It's international Grenache day ...

jckba

It's international Grenache day ...

Post by jckba »

Not sure why I am posting this here but I just received an email from a merchant stating that today was international Grenache day, so me being myself naturally decided to take a time out from my busy Friday afternoon to confirm such claim. Turns out, they were correct so what are you opening tonight ... ?

http://m.digitaljournal.com/pr/2200729
jckba

Re: It's international Grenache day ...

Post by jckba »

So I popped the cork on a 1/2 btl of 2006 Beaucastel CdP tonight. I would have liked to have written a nice tasting note but I wasn't able to taste all that much as I am completely stuffed up. Hopefully I will have better luck tomorrow with the remainder of the bottle.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Thanks for the info, Jckba.

I'm reading that a bit too late, finishing a very nice and clean 2011 Trimbach Riesling. But tomorrow, the day after Grenache day, i'll open a 2010 Bernardine Chateauneuf du Pape, from Chapoutier.

One more question: when is Jeff Leve International day? Ah, sorry, I forgot it was the same day that Angélus and
Pavie got their Grand Cru Classé A rating...

Nic
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Perhaps you should celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day instead. The appropriate reaction to being stuffed up and unable to enjoy a nice bottle is "Arrrrggghhh!"