2011 Val Pas Res

Nicklasss

2011 Val Pas Res

Post by Nicklasss »

Finding distinctive wines at a low price, is quite a challenge. Which country, which region is performant the best?

Spain, Italy and France are challenging each other every years, to get more markets that buy their inexpensive quality wines. Chile, Argentina, Australia are also trying to tal part of the market too.

Languedoc is recognized as a promising area, increasing the quality of it wines since a few years, but it is a tough way. But, when you search well, you find.

Domaine de la Rune is In Corbières, and the 2011 Val Pas Res is an exçellent to superb wine. :P

A nice medium red color, with a very nice nose, colorful, grape, dark berries, spices, meat, minerals, flowers, herbs, licorice. Name it, it is there! The mixture of Grenache, carignan, syrah and cinsault is headspinning. Mouth is less complex, but the texture of this wine is amazing. Meaty, dry dark berries flavors, good core of tannins, acidity, alcohol light warm feeling, lot of minerals. Medium long. A garrigue character, with old leather, and some rasberries. With a spicy steak, a superb match. A great balanced wine, genuine from it AOP ( appellation d'origine protégée), and a nice pleasure. TN: 92.

Remind me that Stefan had an old Corbières with Tim In Paris not so long ago, and both liked it. I like when wine from more modest origin, transcends our little "fancy" wine appreciation.

Nic
stefan

Re: 2011 Val Pas Res

Post by stefan »

At most restaurants I prefer drinking wine from a so-called lesser appellation like Corbiéres than from Bordeaux or Burgundy, partly because I don't have many such wines in my cellar and partly because restaurant prices for too young Bdx and Burgs are way too high.