2009 Lalande-Borie

DavidG

2009 Lalande-Borie

Post by DavidG »

I bought a half-case of this as an early-drinking QPR, and figured it was time to crack one. Stefan's Thanksgiving post inspired me to write a note.

Cellared since release, perfect cork and fill, pop and pour. Dark red to rim. Not much going on initially aroma-wise, with a little cherry and oak, a little light on the palate with oak and alcohol a little more prominent than the fruit. But given an hour to air out and warm up to room temp the wine opens to show more cherry, cassis, earth and oak. The wine takes on weight on the palate with much better balance and flavor intensity. Medium finish with some tannins there to keep it going another 5-10 years. No real complexity and who knows if there ever will be but a nice QPR. Very good to excellent (upper 80s).
stefan

Re: 2009 Lalande-Borie

Post by stefan »

I have had good luck with '09 petit chateaux but have not tried Lalande-Borie in this vintage. I'll keep an eye out for it.
DavidG

Re: 2009 Lalande-Borie

Post by DavidG »

Another hour later in a warm room and this is a bit over-ripe and flabby. A few minutes in the fridge to bring the temp down a bit seems to restore the balance.