2005 Brillette

dstgolf

2005 Brillette

Post by dstgolf »

Bought this on release entirely based on score and tasting notes at the time along with price point. Never heard of this wine before and never had another vintage. Certainly haven't seen this mentioned on this sight before but if the 2005 if a good representation then we have all missed out on a good QPR.

This Cru Bourgeois from Moulis is hitting well beyond what I'd expect. Just entering a very pleasant but still early drinking window with ripe but resolving tannins much of which are sedimenting out at this stage. Higher merlot content than cab with a little petit verdot/cab franc rounding the wine out. Still deep purple with bramblebery nose, coffee,plum and dark fruits going down with subtle torrefication in the background that gives an overall pleasant experience. If this is available locally I'd highly recommend a trial run.

Nice to have my first glass and a half in a month but foot grumbling this am from bloody gout that I can't fully shake.
Danny
Nicklasss

Re: 2005 Brillette

Post by Nicklasss »

I personnally think that 2005 is The greatest vintage of the last 20 something years.

I had The Chateau Brillette In the past, but the 2000, and liked it too. I think my bro still have some.

Nic
RPCV

Post by RPCV »

Working my way through a case of the 2000 purchased on release. I like this wine; genuine and pure. Latest note on the 2000 from earlier this year:

2000 Chateau Brillette (Moulis)
Dark garnet in color, dark fruit aromas soar from the glass. Seamless and integrated; this is a beautiful wine. Blueberries and chalk on the mid-palate and a nice smoothly-tannic finish. This wine is at peak with plenty in the tank for another 10 years in the cellar.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

When a wine like that perform well, it is always rewarding and your satisfaction is high.

And, confirm that there are excellent-great Bordeaux at all prices!

Nic