Baba of Barbaresco

Nicklasss

Baba of Barbaresco

Post by Nicklasss »

I like Nebbiolo. Especially the Barbaresco.

Tonight, with a small Buffalo roast, i opened a bottle If the young 2009 Produttori dei Barbaresco, regular Barbaresco cuvée. Color is light red cherry. The light orange red rim. Nose far away from Bordeaux, like old strawberries and cherries, old roses, soap bubblegum, spices and tomato skin. A kind of old nose, for a super young wine. Mouth is fresh, spicy, foggy, red berry candy, light cinnamon, grip from The tannins. Acidity, tannins and cranberry medium long finish. Drink well even If 14.5% Alcohol. Very nice, very young, distinctive, very good. TN: 90.

My plan is to buy more nice nebbiolo, as The price for some sure still ok, and they can age for a long time.

Are they like Bordeaux, closing for a few years? This wine, i decanted 90 minutes tonight, and it helps.

Nic
jckba

Re: Baba of Barbaresco

Post by jckba »

You should seek out the 2010 Produttori del Barbaresco as they declassified all of the single vineyards in this historic vintage with all of that fruit going into the regular cuvee.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Look at that nice color! Wow!
Attachments
Barbaresco
Barbaresco
image.jpg (28.53 KiB) Viewed 245 times
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

I just received a case of 2008 Produttori del Barbaresco various single vineyards that I ordered last year. Nebbiolo is definitely my number 1B wine alongside 1A Bordeaux. There has been a solid run of very good and better vintages in the Piedmont now going back a ways (so it's said). The 2011 Produttori Nebbiolo Langhe is definitely a wow wine.