2006 Berliquet

Rudi Finkler

2006 Berliquet

Post by Rudi Finkler »

Already the complex, profound nose is a revelation. This is a luscious, sexy wine that offers all one would expect from a top Saint-Emilion. The palate is fruity and delicately flavoured, with fine texture and polished tannins, finishing with a hint of anise and savoury, leathery undertones. There is enough fresh acidity and minerality to provide great elegance and balance and prevent the delicate fruit from tasting jammy. If you will, an excellent compromise between traditional and modern Bordeaux. A serious candidate for the wine of the month.
AlexR

Re: 2006 Berliquet

Post by AlexR »

Had the 2004 two weeks ago and was very disappointed. Prematurely old and not very interesting.
I thought at the time that the wine would have been far better years ago.

I'm glad to see your 2006 did not suffer from the same problem.

AR
Rudi Finkler

Post by Rudi Finkler »

In the eighties and nineties, I occasionally tasted wines from this small Grand Cru Classé and, except of the 1990, I was regularly disappointed. I have forgotten why, but a few years ago, I bought a few bottles of this formidable 2006. Surely I will purchase a few more bottles from 2006 and other vintages, except of the 2004, of course. Thanks for the warning!
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I like the 2009 Berliquet.