A little Anjou

Nicklasss

A little Anjou

Post by Nicklasss »

Tonight, we had onion soup, gratinée, and a roast beef panini. We that simple delicious meal, we needed a simple delicious wine.

Tonight, I opened a 2012 Domaine les Roches Sèches, Les Saint Martin,, that is a light medium cabernet franc from Loire. I wanted to open a Bourgogne, but don't Have anything from that region under 50$ a bottle, In the cellar... So pick up The 20$ Loire red. But I had it before and liked it genuine character. Again tonight. Far away from being a Cheval Blanc, this is still a fun to taste.

Medium red color, lot of typicity of the Franc on The nose, medium ripe rasberries, herbs, red berries, light soap and red licorice. In mouth, stay light, with good core of old strawberries, red berries, light earth, light tannins, good acidity. A very nice quaffer, but not an easy quaffer. Any wine lover will Have a good time with that wine, and will know very well The Franc character. TN: 87.

Some friends will probably come to stay at our house during The holidays, between Christmas and New Year, a few days. We will take it easy but open a few nice bottle.

I have invited another couple that are winelovers first next weekend, for a dinner where we will open special wines, as my brother should be there too. It will be fun.

Nic
Nicklasss

Re: A little Anjou

Post by Nicklasss »

It was delicious. Now watching the Cowboys vs Eagles football game.
Attachments
I like these genuine wine from Loire, with lot of Franc character
I like these genuine wine from Loire, with lot of Franc character
image.jpg (133.96 KiB) Viewed 165 times
Tom In DC

Re: A little Anjou

Post by Tom In DC »

Thanks for the note, Nic - I'm becoming more of a fan of Loire cab franc of late.

And congrats on returning from the southern hemisphere (or at least that was how I explained all of the inverted photos! :lol: )