A wonderful 2009 Meursault-Les Charmes 1er Cru

Roel

A wonderful 2009 Meursault-Les Charmes 1er Cru

Post by Roel »

Domaine du Pavillon (Albert Bichot) Meursault-Les Charmes 1er Cru 2009: "This is Burgundy". Yep, tell-tale wonderful backward and utter authentic chardonnay, with lots and lots going on underneath. Butter, stones, smoke, hazelnut, soft oak, zesty focussed citrus and all this packed in a stunning and luxurious, complex sip. Fine acidity and with excellent length and admirable purity. No decline on day 2. Wow! Sad this stuff has to be so expensive... 93 points
AlexR

Re: A wonderful 2009 Meursault-Les Charmes 1er Cru

Post by AlexR »

Used to work for Bichot. Their domaine wines are very good. You make me want to open a good white Burgundy over the holidays...

Alex R.
stefan

Post by stefan »

We'll drink some white Burgundy on Xmas Eve with our traditional shrimp & sushi dinner.

I always thought of Bichot as a low end negociant, but I don't recall ever drinking a Domaine Bichot wine.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

I had a Bichot Chablis last year, and did enjoyed it very much. It was light but mineral and full of pleasure.

Nic
Roel

Post by Roel »

I think caution is concerned with just any négociant and their bulk wines, but I based my purchase on the good reports for domaine wines from Bichot. He has four, Domaines de Pavillon, Adélie, du Clos-Frantin and Château Long-Depaquit. In Meursault-Les Charmes for Pavillon, 3 acres mostly in Charmes-Dessu, small part on the border between Dessus and Dessous. It really went down well with creamy chicken with rice and pine.