2006 d'Armailhac

Rudi Finkler

2006 d'Armailhac

Post by Rudi Finkler »

Not quite as impressive as the 2000 d'Armailhac we had a few month ago, but a highly satisfying, luscious Pauillac, not far away from its peak. As the wine sits in the glass, spicy oak, pepper, licorice, cedar wood, and spices emerge, and even aromas of chocolate. The finish is surprisingly persistent and leaves you with a sensation of black berries, cherries, and oriental spices. A real pleasure tonight.
JimHow

Re: 2006 d'Armailhac

Post by JimHow »

I really liked this wine. Too much, unfortunately.
I drank about a dozen or so bottles when it was young and have none left.
I thought it had that "light on its feet" quality so distinctive of the 2006 vintage.
Roel

Post by Roel »

Yes, 'light on its feet' describes 06 well. Also, many of the better wines hardly have any tannins (left) these days. Style of the vintage was 'likeable', imho.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

"Likeable." Perfect.
I mean, something more than a likeable "restaurant vintage" wine like, say, 1993.
The 2006s have nice character, a likeability, nothing big or hot or tannic, just a nice Gwynneth Paltro kind of vintage, a la 1981.
robert goulet

Post by robert goulet »

Recently tasted the '08 and it had a nice pauillac profile but somewhat thin...not bad....it's def. good but not a great d'armailhac by any means...will hold the next bottle to see if it puts on any weight