BWE France 15: Paris and logistics

tim

BWE France 15: Paris and logistics

Post by tim »

Hi All,

For those that are attending BWE France 2015, I would like to get an indication of who will be coming to Paris either the weekend before, or the weekend after.

As of the moment, I will be planning a BYOB dinner in Paris on Saturday the 16th. I will supply quite a bit of wine, and of course anyone can bring what they like. I'd like to know how many people to expect. In addition, I can also arrange something for the Saturday afterwards. (or I can skip the 16th and just do a dinner the Saturday afterwards). Let me know your preference.

Can you either please reply here or send me a PM?

Also, I will be offering to purchase train tickets on your behalf from Paris to Bordeaux (and return if you prefer). Please let me know if you are planning to go down on Sunday. The time I will recommend is to leave on the afternoon train that gets in around 7pm. I would like to purchase the tickets pretty soon, so please let me know asap. I will confirm prices, etc before actually purchasing tickets.

Thanks,

Tim
Michael-P

Re: BWE France 15: Paris and logistics

Post by Michael-P »

Tim:

I know it sounds like brining snow to the North Pole, but if I bring some wine with me from the USA to France, what are the limits/duty?

Michael-P
tim

Post by tim »

I'm not sure what the official limits are, but I regularly bring six bottles with me. So I'm sure they won't care about a few bottles.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

So what you're saying is I won't have any problem bringing six bottles on an international flight Timmy?
stefan

Post by stefan »

2 liters is the legal limit, Jim. 3 bottles should be fine if you are stopped, not that being stopped is likely.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

So basically we can't bring any meaningful amount of wine on an international flight, bummer.
Is everyone staying at that Mercure hotel?
stefan

Post by stefan »

Lucie & I are, Jim. I intend to make plane reservations this weekend and then reserve the room.
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

I used to fly across the pond back and forth 10-12 times a year carry an average of 8-10 bottles of wine...I was never stopped, not once...so I think it is a gamble worth taking if you want to bring wine over.

Tim we will be making our own way to Bordeaux via burgundy and Rhone!
tim

Post by tim »

I don't want to give legal advice, so I won't. However my experience is the same as Comte, I regularly bring 6-8 bottles with me in my suitcase, and I've never been stopped. In fact the only time I've been stopped in France is when I was transporting pets during my move to Europe.