3 B's; Bordeaux, Beaujolais, Bandol

RPCV

3 B's; Bordeaux, Beaujolais, Bandol

Post by RPCV »

2006 Lagrange St. Julien

After a January break from wine, this absolutely hit the spot. Dark red, youthful appearance. This is rather lush with a spicy, vibrant nose of meat, graphite, cherry, blackcurrant and a hint of oak. Rich, silky, polished effort - creamy fruit, firm tannins and a long, expressive finish. Off-vintage reward. A re-buy for sure.

2009 Burgaud Morgon Les Charmes

Beautiful deep ruby color. Floral, lifting nose of iron, chalk, and black cherry. The iron carries through to the balanced palate and great acidity. A very food wine friendly and a joy to drink.

1993 Tempier Bandol La Miguoa

Clean, dark color, with lovely, earthy mushroom, leather and black fruit flavors and aromas; so much charm and personality, smooth and harmonious and in a beautiful drinking window right now. Served with a lamb dish; a transforming match that reinforces my love for wine and properly matched cuisine.
robertgoulet

Re: 3 B's; Bordeaux, Beaujolais, Bandol

Post by robertgoulet »

Good to hear on the Lagrange this is a birth yr. wine I am saving for my son Cage
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I too liked the 2006 Lagrange when it first came out, so much so that I went out and bought a case.
Any thoughts on how long it will age?
Chateau Vin

Post by Chateau Vin »

JimHow wrote:I too liked the 2006 Lagrange when it first came out, so much so that I went out and bought a case.
Any thoughts on how long it will age?
Age? See the irony, Jim. I am surprised the case was not cracked open yet considering it is almost a decade old... :mrgreen:
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Yes it is an unopened case so none have been consumed.
If I had uncorked the case they would be gone by now.
I'm telling you those 2006s are good.
stefan

Post by stefan »

BD, I have some grandfatherly advice for you. When you have cases delivered, always have cases of 2 similar wines come. Open the cases, pack six of each wine into one, reseal, and store. Then you can follow the evolution of the wines while having a few to drink when the wines have reached what you consider to be their peak.

Or, better, always buy two cases of every Bordeaux you want and store one of the cases.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

As I have said many times, stefan, my obsessive compulsive disorder is my biggest strength and it is my biggest weakness....
RPCV

Post by RPCV »

No rush, with a cool cellar (~55F) and reputable provenance, 12 years or more. I will add however, that we enjoyed for it's forward character. In a good spot now and I would estimate that it will cruise for a while like this.