TN: This site needs some tasting notes

Harry C.

TN: This site needs some tasting notes

Post by Harry C. »

• 1997 Joseph Phelps Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley - USA, California, Napa Valley (2/15/2015)
    Deep garnet. Nose was a mix of aged Bordeaux with aged Cali Cab-herbal, black fruits, tobacco. Taste was similar, smooth, leather, hint of black fruits. Delish! But I think drink up. (94 pts.)
  • 2005 Pride Mountain Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve - USA, California, Napa Valley (2/13/2015)
    Deep garnet. Nose of alcohol and black fruits. Taste similar. Definitely a Foley wine. (93 pts.)
  • 2012 Aubert Chardonnay Sugar Shack - USA, California, Napa Valley, Rutherford (2/13/2015)
    Pale yellow. Nose of oak and minerals. Taste the same. Very interesting the difference in Aubert vineyards-terrior? (93 pts.)
  • 1996 Château Calon-Ségur - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, St. Estèphe (2/9/2015)
    Deep garnet. Nose between adolescence and adulthood. Leather, black fruits. Taste was smooth, rich, leather, touch anise. Very good and seemingly young for a 19 yo wine. (92 pts.)
JimHow

Re: TN: This site needs some tasting notes

Post by JimHow »

I had a 2001 de Sales at a restaurant in NY last night that was pretty uninspiring, seemed over the hill.

I recall really enjoying the balance of that 1996 Calon Segur a couple years ago.
RDD

Post by RDD »

I had an Olivier Leflaive Chablis with grilled fish a week ago.
VERY nice.
Then we went to see Southside Johnny and The Asbury Jukes.
Nice meal and a good show.
Loving life!
stefan

Post by stefan »

Last night with a chicken souffle Chateau Lucie and I drank 2005 Marquis D'Alesme Becker. I think it will eventually be in the 90+ range, but the Margauxberries have not yet bloomed. In the mouth the wine is tasty now; just a bit rough.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Ok, I'll report n a separate thread what I had last weekend.

And I had the 1996 Château Calon Segur, with Dstgolf in the past, and it was just excellent.

Nic
Michael Malinoski

Post by Michael Malinoski »

I wanted to get some of that Sugar Shack, but it sold out too quickly. What's the closest parallel to the Ritchie/Lauren/Hyde, etc. designates, in your mind, Harry?

-Michael
Harry C.

Post by Harry C. »

Mike, I've only had Sugar Shack once or twice as it is fairly new. In 2012, I was totally blown away by the Lauren. I suspect 2012 (and hopefully 2013) you can't go wrong with any. The first year it was made, I found the S.S. minerally, but that may be the year.