TN: Some new wine notes

Harry C.

TN: Some new wine notes

Post by Harry C. »

• 2002 Zind-Humbrecht Gewurztraminer Heimbourg Vendange Tardive - France, Alsace, Alsace AOC (3/5/2015)
    Gold. Nose was pure Gewurz Perfume. Taste was medium sweet, rich, mouthfilling, pears, lychee, peaches. Very long finish. Wines like this shut up Olivier's critics. (96 pts.)
  • 1999 Domaine Jean-Louis Chave Hermitage - France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Hermitage (3/5/2015)
    Deep garnet. When opened at home there was a bacon smell. But it blew off by the time I got to the restaurant and shows the perfume-y Syrah that I get with Chave. Still somewhat young but already delish. Red/black fruits, green herbs. Long finish. (95 pts.)
  • 1996 Château Cos d'Estournel - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, St. Estèphe (3/5/2015)
    deep garnet. Nose of aged Bordeaux, black fruits hinted at, licorice, and seasoned salt. Taste was licorice, seasoned salt and bitter chocolate on the finish. Best now. (94 pts.)
  • 2009 Peter Michael Chardonnay Belle Côte - USA, California, Sonoma County, Knights Valley (3/5/2015)
    Gold. Very minerally nose. Taste similar. Good, but I like more floral Chards. (91 pts.)
  • 2002 Domaine Jean-Louis Chave Hermitage - France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Hermitage (3/5/2015)
    Garnet. Nose of the perfume I get with most Chaves. Like they empty Chanel #5 in the vat. But the taste revealed the watery vintage. Nice but thin. (90 pts.)
Michael Malinoski

Re: TN: Some new wine notes

Post by Michael Malinoski »

It's hard to drink much better than that!
AlexR

Re: TN: Some new wine notes

Post by AlexR »

Harry,

Thanks, as always, for sharing your notes.

I have a bottle of the 99 Chave so your insight was useful (and I now know that I'm in no hurry to drink it).

All the best,
Alex