Wines from the second and third night at My bro.

Nicklasss

Wines from the second and third night at My bro.

Post by Nicklasss »

Continuing the visit, the good food, the good company and the good wines.

2012 domaine Fichet, Château London Mâcon-igé: very southern Bourgogne in style. Rich nose of honey, flowers, yellow pears. In Mouth, low acidity, rich, smoky, honey, sweet yellow apple, but with some minerals on the final. Excellent. TN: 89.

2012 simon-Billaud Tête d'Or Chablis: after the first wine, very Northern Bourgogne. Crisp, minerals, shells, green lemon. Mouth is balanced, fruity and very white flowers/minerals like Chablis can be. Long acid final, just a touch green, but very good and will pace down with a few years. TN: 89+.

2004 Fernand et Laurent Pillot Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Vide Bourse: that 1er is just next to Bâtard-Montrachet. Gold yellow, very riche nose of minerals, smoke, rocks, complex fruit, like quince, pears and apples. In Mouth, thick and rich, super minerals and limestone, fat fruit, very long final, with still some oak that need to be integrated in the next 5 years. A beast Chassagne, very impressive. TN: 94+.

More red to come.

Nic
Jay Winton

Re: Wines from the second and third night at My bro.

Post by Jay Winton »

nice quaffing from the Golden Slopes!
Nicklasss

Re: Wines from the second and third night at My bro.

Post by Nicklasss »

The third night was the Bordeaux, and the fourth night the Rhône, always preceded by a Bourgogne.

2009 Olivier Guyot Marsannay Les Favières : good things are going on in that AOC. Dark crimson red, with a very nice nose of conçentrated berries, rasberries, light oak, spices. In mouth, not the elegance of the more "popular" villages, but very good fruit, light tannins, good acid, structure, more cherries, and some soil and herbs flavors. Excellent. TN: 90.

2009 Château Clarke: very good in that warm vintage. Still young, but dark, nose of coffee, blackberries, creamy red berries, smoke, oak, blackcurrants. Mouth is lush, but also structured. Good fruit and oak flavours, very ripe, really nice drink. I liked it. TN: 90.

2010 Château Belgrave: the 5th Growth from Haut-Médoc. A deception for me. At near 50$ here, good color but the nose was ok but green, with green pepper, Black peppercorn, dark red berries. In Mouth, also a bit thin, with same "peppers" as on the nose, back up by red currants, and light charcoal flavours. Tannic, high acidity, short dry final. Don't know If it was a bad bottle, If the wine is closed, or this is showing normally, but as poor performance. TN: 85.

2012 Michel Juillot Mercurey : good Bourgogne, that opened up slowly. Medium red color, nose of red berries, meat, spices and cranberries. Mouth was light but good flavours of red berries, flowers and wet wood. Very good. TN: 86.

2011 Pierre Usseglio Chateauneuf du Pape: dark and concentrated. Nose of tobacco, rasberries, herbs and sweet oak. Mouth is powerful, low alcohol, fat. Ripe rasberries, oak, Black licorice flavors, with very ripe tanins and medium sweet oak finish. TN :89.

2012 Louis Chèze Côté Rôtie Belle Demoiselle: 100% Syrah from granitic terroir. Medium red color, with a nice nose of wet earth, violet flowers, rasberries, charcoal and darkberries. In Mouth, medium power, violet flowers, minerals and mainly dark red berries. Good balance, medium acidity, final is structured and on blackberries. Excellent. TN:90-91.

Nic