Wines from this weekend

Nicklasss

Wines from this weekend

Post by Nicklasss »

As you know, in Bordeaux or other wine areas, I'm always looking for excellent wines at good value, instead of the best wines for relatively higher prices. And as I like wine, have a tendancy to appreciate some wine easily. But some value wines are sometimes a bad surprise, like the 2010 Château Penin I had lately. But not this weekend, all wines were very good.

2012 Saget la Perrière Marie de Beauregard Chinon: a very convenient and typical Cabernet Franc from that AOC. Niçe medium red color, the nose is creamy on vegetals, violet flowers, earth, purple berries. Good intensity. In mouth, more fruits than on the nose, with grape, rasberries, ripe, again the vegetals tones like green pepper and basil. Niçe tannins, smooth texture and medium acidity. Lot of flavors. A very good wine, very enjoyable (of course, you need to like the style) wine. Good chalky minerals too. A "sans faute". TN: 89-90.

2009 Château la Gasparde : a Castillon, from that warm vintage. But the Merlot did not turn too ripe. Medium color, nose of plums, dark red berries, light sweet oak. In mouth, stay fruity, with plums, some anis, vanilla. Light tannins, light final but very convenient and not overdone. TN: 84-85.

2012 Enzo Boglietti Dolcetto d'Alba: dark red, nose of smoke, ripe sweet blackcurrants gelly, and light wood. Not very complex, but Mouth is fresh and medium concentration at the same time. Same flavors as on the nose, final is sweet but also a touch of flowers. Modern. I even slightly preferred this to the previous, but by a hair! TN: 85.

Nic
tim

Re: Wines from this weekend

Post by tim »

I think wines from Chinon are really underrated, and some great values there. Glad to see this one performed (and is available in Canada!)
AKR

Re: Wines from this weekend

Post by AKR »

In ripe years sometimes those little wines can surprise. Thanks for posting.