2009 Château Cormeil-Figeac

Nicklasss

2009 Château Cormeil-Figeac

Post by Nicklasss »

A Saint-Émilion Grand Cru, from the warm vintage. First of all, the classical label is nice. Not so far away from Château Figeac, but the terroir is mainly made of old sands. 70 % merlot and 30 % cabernet franc.

A nice red blood color. A medium power nose, with some reserve, but aromas of red berries, rasberries, light spices, plums and light oak. The mouth is very interesting, doesn't seem marked by the 09 vintage. The balance is nice, with red berries, some minerals, rasberries, noble wood, good tannins. Medium long final, with spices, oak tannins dryness, bay leaves and kind of kirsch cherries. An excellent Right Bank wine. TN: 89.

When I think about it a bit, seem like a Saint-Émilion, mix with 20 % of Chianti. But it is a good thing.

Nic
AKR

Re: 2009 Château Cormeil-Figeac

Post by AKR »

Don't see much of this around. I found a 95 a very long time ago at Hart Davis that was ok.

Maybe that Chiantish note is the cab franc ?
Nicklasss

Re: 2009 Château Cormeil-Figeac

Post by Nicklasss »

Last Friday, i opened another bottle of the 2009 Chateau Cormeil-Figeac. Way more herbaceous on the nose and palate, with a strong green pepper aromas. The Cabernet Franc? Still having good density of merlot fruit in mouth, with prunes, dark berries, but seemed to me simpler than 2 years ago. Tn: 86.

Nic