TN: 00 Beaumont, a 08 Barbaresco, 06 Frederic Emile

stefan

TN: 00 Beaumont, a 08 Barbaresco, 06 Frederic Emile

Post by stefan »

I opened a forgotten bottle of 2000 Beaumont when I guitar friend of my brother's came over. The guitarists loved it. It is OK, but was better five years ago, so I am not sorry that this was the last bottle from the case.

With cheese we drank 2006 Trimbach Cuvee Frederic Emile. This Riesling is a go to wine for us. The '06 is young, of course, but the nose contains petrol and, with cheese, the wine shows well.

My family was still thirsty after these, so I opened a bottle of 2008 Produttori Barbaresco. This wine definitely should be held, but even now the black cherries, asian spices, and floral overtones are noticeable. The tannins are strong enough to tame strong cheese.

After my brother in law returned from his swim meet with three seconds in the 70+ division, we opened a wine he had brought, 2012 Alma Negra, a red blend from Argentina. This is a very strong wine that certainly has a core of Malbec (the grapes are not listed on the label). It is spicy like a Syrah, but I could not taste Syrah in the wine.
Michael Malinoski

Re: TN: 00 Beaumont, a 08 Barbaresco, 06 Frederic Emile

Post by Michael Malinoski »

Nice notes, thanks, Stefan.

Planning on drinking the 1989 Trimbach Frederic Emile next weekend (along with 2000 VT version of the same). Really looking forward to that! 2006 sure seems like it ought to be young, but glad it's showing well already.

Best,
Michael
AKR

Post by AKR »

Funnily enough we had an Edzilwicker Alsatian blend out on the patio today, while the kids and their friends whacked a pinata around.

I've not had an Alsatian wine in quite some time. Most of family doesn't like that style -- nor German whites -- but they're good when on warm spring afternoon.

I saw some Beaumont at the store today. Didn't seem to be ripe vintage on offer.
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

I bought a mixed case of 3 each of 4 of the 2008 Produttori Barbaresco crus. I think I drank a Muncagota last Christmas and it was excellent. Firm, full and dry. For sure it can and probably should be cellared another ten years. My plans at the moment are otherwise; I think I will drink one for Chrsitmas dinner in each of the next 11 years. Something like that.