TN: 2005 Château Croix de Labrie

DavidG

TN: 2005 Château Croix de Labrie

Post by DavidG »

• 2005 Château Croix de Labrie - France, Bordeaux, Libournais, St. Émilion Grand Cru
    Cellared since release. Perfect fill and cork. Pop and pour, drunk over 4 hours. Dark purple to rim. Dark berries, cedar, soy/umami on the nose. Medium to full body, lush ripe fruit, wood, soy, adequate balancing acidity, tannins mellower than last year, medium to long finish. Modern style, oak is integrating, should continue to improve and drink well for a decade or more. Excellent.
robert goulet

Re: TN: 2005 Château Croix de Labrie

Post by robert goulet »

I just picked up the '09 for $42....sounds like kinda of a new world style so I figured the Mrs. would like it
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Yes it's new-world-y. I would think the '09 would be good to go without need of cellaring. Might have noticeable oak as a baby, but the ripeness of the vintage should make it an early drinker.
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

Has anyone had a bad 2005 right banker? Excepting for style of course. It's a horse of a vintage.
AKR

Post by AKR »

robert goulet wrote:I just picked up the '09 for $42....sounds like kinda of a new world style so I figured the Mrs. would like it
That's a good price. LBW was trying to sell some yesterday or the day before $69 per.

I passed. I don't think I've had vintages other than 00 and 03. I think.
robert goulet

Post by robert goulet »

Yes received it for 50% off..also picked off a 2006 branaire ducru for $32......nothing high end bordeaux related is selling in orlando...future allocations will reflect this...not a good sign
AKR

Post by AKR »

Hmm. Bdx is valuable enough that it can be shipped, and thus sold nationally, and there is some kind of market for stores to quietly unload slow moving inventory, which works better for the higher end stuff. A 5 year old Georges Duboeuf I think just has to be tossed eventually.

Maybe it affects what is on your shelves locally / eventually , but if you can get shipping, or travel presumably youll be ok.

I was just thinking I don't think I've had a really jacked out new wave right bank in a month or two.

Tonight I think I'll pull a Barolo, which is rare around here, but I have time to a proper decant on a Saturday, and maybe put together some kind of roast pig to go with it.