TN: 2000 Fougas Maldoror

Claret

TN: 2000 Fougas Maldoror

Post by Claret »

I bought a bunch of this wine from Cote de Bourg after release for a modest tariff. It leans toward the fruit forward style yet is clearly recognizable as Bordeaux. It paired well with stir fried eggplant, enoki mushrooms and ground lamb in a brown sauce.

The nose reveals scents of violet, blueberry and earth. The flavors consist of blueberry, earth and cigar ash with sneaky tannins and good acid on the moderate finish. Hinting at leafy development and enjoyable now with more evolution ahead.
Glenn
dstgolf

Re: TN: 2000 Fougas Maldoror

Post by dstgolf »

thanks for the note. These are good young and with a little age. My 2000s were all drank in their youth and very enjoyable. Have not been disappointed by this satellite wine. Still have 03,04,05,09,10 in cellar untried.
Danny
AKR

Post by AKR »

These were pretty good young. In general I'd rather not age these this long. Even bigger cotes du bourg like Roc de Cambes I thought were better when young than today. I've still gone one of those RdC on the shelf to be consumed this year.
Claret

Post by Claret »

Still plenty of fruit left Arv and holding well.
Glenn
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Any green notes? I drank 4-5 of these when young that were terrific, but a separate batch (bought on the secondary market but with no signs of abuse) had a few years later were horribly green. Quite odd.
Claret

Post by Claret »

No green.
Glenn