TN : little wines

Nicklasss

TN : little wines

Post by Nicklasss »

Some wines opened on the last weekend.

2006 Fattoria di Presciano Canaiolo Pietraviva : This has be opened with thin crusted pizzas on Friday night. 100 % canaiolo, this is rare. The wine had a light redi color. Nose was simple but aromatic, with red cherries, kirsch, sour dark cherries, cinnamon. In mouth, the wine had a good medium fruity attack, with just a touch of rusticity. Same flavors as on the nose, but add some old leather on the final. Kind of light to medium body, with good acidity that makes it fresh, and only 12.5 % alcohol. Genuine to it italian origins. I like that a lot. With tomato sauce, Toscany is the region to go for wine. TN : 88. Let say that my note here is more about the match wine/food. Please let me know if you think that a French wine can accomodate tomato sauce that good.

2007 Etchart Torrontes : From Argentina, a little cousin of the Gewurztraminer. Good wine too. Light yellow color. Aromatic nose of lime, litchi, pears. In mouth, good perfume but not as thick as Gewurz. Still, is it kind of smilar, without the concentration. Refreshing lime, pears and apples. Maybe some herbs too, and a light bitter finish. This is really good. But quite simple. TN : 86.

2004 White Hermitage Guigal : A second bottle, opened in the last few weeks, of that great wine. Medium yellow color, like dry wheat. I was analyzing the nose, when someone with me said ''this smell like white port''. I have to agree and it is a good description. Nose is complex with vanilla, oak, lavander and dry pinneapple. Add some dry herbes too. In mouth, this is thick and rich, but stay with great balance. Nice flavors of honey, sweet lime, lavander, white flowers, and a medium final on noble oak and minerals. This is great and really different from Sauvignon, Chardonnay or other ''popular'' grapes. Has a different expressive character. TN : 92.

Nic
stefan

Re: TN : little wines

Post by stefan »

White Hermitage Guigal is a "little wine"?!? :)

>>
With tomato sauce, Toscany is the region to go for wine.
>>

There and to CA for Zinfandel. Ridge and pizza is a great match. Fattoria di Presciano Canaiolo Pietraviva sounds very interesting, BTW.

stefan