2010 Château le Puy

Nicklasss

2010 Château le Puy

Post by Nicklasss »

While the 2015 BWE convention was something unbelivable, next time I'm in Bordeaux, I want to go for the lesser known, the producers from the other AOC, the non classified. They deserve some attention too.

Last night was probably one of the last rosé of my summer (ok, it is not summer yen, so one of the last rosé of my 2015 spring and summer). The 2014 Sancerre rosé from Joseph Mellot had nothing wrong, but nothing to rave about either. Nice onion Peel color, nose was neutral with maybe some candy, herbs, white flowers. Mouth was fresh and what else? Was ok with spicy Thaïland cooking, but a light red would have be better. Tn: 80.

Tonight, the 2010 Château le Puy Cuvée Émilien is a Bordeaux Côtés de Francs, not so far from Puygueraud. But it is organic since a very long time. 85 merlot, 14 cab sauvignon and 1 carmenere, the wine is cherry red with some fog alike look. Nose is nice, on merlot red berries, red currants, humus, strong red cherries and pomegranate. In mouth, very drinkable, nice light tannins, mixture of strong red fruit Berry flavors, light old oak, cumin, dark Brown cake or ale, more cherries on the décent long finish. Well made, stay very claret in style, and is very balanced. A style we don't meet often, but really enjoyable. Tn: 88-89.

One day, I have to try the Cuvée Barthelemy from Chateau le Puy.

Nic
Nicklasss

Re: 2010 Château le Puy

Post by Nicklasss »

Few mouths ago, the same wine.