BWE Dream Tour Bordeaux Photos 3

dstgolf

BWE Dream Tour Bordeaux Photos 3

Post by dstgolf »

I hope that this works. Being near completely computer illiterate when it comes to understanding and working through these programs has been a challenge especially through a week of jet lag,call and flat out at work. I`ve cut the photo file in half through editing. Captions on iphoto did not transfer to Flickr and photos are in reverse order so you get to see my brother and wife embracing in front of Pichon Baron leaving in disbelief that this magical week had come to an end. Everyone was so emotional at the perfect setting in front of the lit Château with crested moon rising over the top with wonderfully clear starry night. Disney couldn`t do it better.

I hope everyone enjoys some good and some soso photos but you should capture the moment through the region. Night in Paris with Francois and his cellar photos included. Captions would be especially helpful here to explain some of the bottles and quantities along with formats as pictures didn`t do justice. The 1907 Piper Heidsick encrusted champagne bottles fyi are three laying down on shelf.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128424418@N07/albums
Danny
JimHow

Re: BWE Dream Tour Bordeaux Photos 3

Post by JimHow »

Great stuff, Danny, thanks to you (and Maureen and Timmy) for the effort.
What an experience!
stefan

Post by stefan »

That spectacular collections was worth the wait, Danny! Thanks to you, Maureen, Tim, and Ian for the great pics & posts.
mek

Post by mek »

Fantastic Danny.
I love that you've captured candid moments and great facial expressions!!
My favourite must be the cyclist en route to work through the gates of Chateau Coutet!
And, of course, as soon as I saw the stalactites my ears chimed with Alex's giggles.
We have a lovely (COMPLETE) set of pictures: yours, Timmy and mine. Am sure others will start to pepper the forum with nice shots and memories, soon.

MEK
robertgoulet

Post by robertgoulet »

Jim are you presenting a silver BWE SHL WOTY mug to the Cathiards?
Last edited by robertgoulet on Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Darn, I should have told them that's what it was!
tim

Post by tim »

Wow, some great photos Danny.

There are a bunch of details that I didn't notice until looking at the pictures. For example, the picture with "Pontet Cannet". And likewise about the candid shots. Excellent stuff.
robertgoulet

Post by robertgoulet »

We really should do this...present BWE WOTY mugs to all past winners, or an engraved glass...hell it can't hurt. Gives us a reason to go back also! Lol
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Tim,

Not sure where the spelling changed along the way but thought it was strange that the Chateau sign was Pontet-Cannet. I forgot to ask onc ewe got inside. Maybe Alex can find out/knows or we'll just have to ask the Question of M Tesseron when we meet again.
Danny
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

I think that once the WOTY is announced the Chateau should be notified that they have won the prestigious award to be presented on the next tour through the hallowed land. Would be nice to include as part of the tour the former 5 or 10 yr winners and make it part of a presentation ceremony. Hell any excuse to go back is a good idea. Great fun.
Danny
tim

Post by tim »

We were originally looking into doing awards for WOTY for the trip, but time caught up with us before we could do it.

I agree that we should look into it again regardless.
robertgoulet

Post by robertgoulet »

Though a small token...I think the wineries would truly appreciate it... just think how nice Margaux would have treated you all...lol
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

Terrific photos Danny. You must have spent hours putting that lot together. You left no stone unturned.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Danny, that was a tour de force. After reading the narratives, your photos really made me feel like a part of it. Well, a little anyway. Wish I could've been there. Well done!
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Was just looking through them myself. Outstanding work by our photographers!
Tom In DC

Post by Tom In DC »

Great pictures, Danny. I love that a picture of Harry C. "speaking French" comes near the top of the deck!
AKR

Post by AKR »

Very impressive pictures. Was that all with just a camera phone? wow if so.

This is how estates build relationships for life with their customer base.
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

AKR,

Photos taken with Canon T3i not a phone Arv.

No question customers for life. Without a doubt du Tertre had me by the short and curlies before completely sold the deal with the direction they are heading after this trip especially for QPR. Gruaud Larose I'm buying 2015 regardless just to have the first solo vintage of the new wine maker who has said she will be leaving all brett behind and the wine will be HER wine going forward. Pontet Canet a fan for life and Pichon Baron I've always had a special place for and always will going forward. Those were my top four coming home and I'm sure others were sold on their own favourites. Canon,Figeac and Conseillante if the price is right.....
Danny
AKR

Post by AKR »

Ahh. I have a Canon S90 which we frankly don't use that much.

These camera phone keep getting better, and are just so much more likely to be on our persons.

Our household is tough on electronics.

Dog ate a Kindle this wknd.

And now my phone is in full 'brick mode'.

But I appreciate the excellent output (and whatever processing you did) on that collection!
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

I'm amazed at some of the photos taken on an iphone. Again they are pretty good outside but most cameras break down indoors in suboptimal lighting conditions. The built in flash is near useless and I'm not impressed with the manual shoot dropping to ASA 3200 or 6400. Pictures come out too grainy with detector starvation. Post processing works better on what appears to be a dark under exposed photo but skin tone correction not great. Does anyone have any suggestions on camera of solution to indoor/low light photography without flash. Changing camera certainly an option.
Danny
AKR

Post by AKR »

Can you do a manual override of the shutter speed? It seems like many of the indoor still life kind of pictures (food, wine, cellars) etc. do not have anything moving.

Or maybe a monopod to get steadier if you are noticing blurring. Years ago my wife got a weird tiny tripod called the "Gorilla" or something than can grab on to anything to use with a timer.

But as a practical matter, I can barely remember to carry this stuff around.

If I can remember wallet, phone, car keys it's about all the bandwidth I have....
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

I hear you, Arv. My Galaxy S6 takes pretty good pics. While it can't compete with a dedicated flash, at least I have it with me.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Hey Danny can I get a copy of the picture of all of us with Alfred Tesseron, I'd like to print it up and mail it to him.
Thanks.
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Can't you do it from the photos posted on flickr? Not sure as I've never done it but I thought they were public domain once posted.Anyone else know?
Danny
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Haven't tried this Jim and it's dated but give it a try and/or google how to do it but you should be able to. These are full res photos posted on flickr so you should be able to download these to your PC.

Flickr: How to Download Pictures for Printing

Posted August 17, 2007 by David Kirk in Internet

My parents have difficulty downloading and printing pictures from flickr. Here are the steps required to get the high resolution pictures off flickr for printing. Email this tutorial to your parents so they can print off your flickr pictures too.

My parents did not like our family using flickr because when they printed the pictures, the quality was poor. The common mistake of printing from flickr is printing the default screen resolution images instead of the original higher resolution images.

Here are the steps needed to print high resolution photos from flickr.

1. Goto the flickr page that contains the photo you want to print.
2. Click the photo that you want to save/print
3. Click the All Sizes button above the photo

4. Under Available sizes click Original
5. Click the Download the Original Size link

6. Now you can save the high quality photo to your computer or you can open it from printing.

If the photos you are printing from flickr are still of poor quality, check these issues:

– The original photos uploaded may be low quality photos. May sure that the uploaded photos are not reduced in size or quality.
– The printer may be set in a low quality or draft mode.
– You may be printing on low quality paper.
Danny