A nice Pays d'Oc wine

Nicklasss

A nice Pays d'Oc wine

Post by Nicklasss »

In Québec at the moment, the cooking Tv show are very popular. Each chef are also starting to buy some vineyards/wines that they bottle with their name, exclusively for our market. Some do it right, others do it wrong.

Tonight, I open a 2012 La Syrah de Jean-Luc Boulay, Vin de Pays d'Oc, made in collaboration with Domaine de Cazaban. This wine is made from 80% Syrah and Carignan for the rest. Color is a Nice ruby red. Nose is nice, seductive with strong rasberries aromas, with also leather, very blackberries and light Black pepper. Nice nose. In mouth, very niçe fruity attack, with red berries and rasberries pflavors. Good végétal and mineral mouth, with some bitter cherries and light wood on the final. Some light tanins and short to medium finish. A very good wine for the price, and a niçe surprise. Tn: 86-87.

Unfortunately, available only in Québec, but I guess that as it is made by the winemaker if Domaine de Cazaban, it worth to be tried.

Nic
Nicklasss

Re: A nice Pays d'Oc wine

Post by Nicklasss »

Nice dusty and slightly bitter dry finish!

Nic
AKR

Re: A nice Pays d'Oc wine

Post by AKR »

When I was in NYC, Sherry Lehmann surprisingly always had a decent little spectrum of those French country reds, and I'd try a few new ones each year.