TN: a bunch of tasting notes

Harry C.

TN: a bunch of tasting notes

Post by Harry C. »

• 2001 Château d'Yquem - France, Bordeaux, Sauternais, Sauternes (6/14/2015)
    Light gold. Nose was shy compared to previously. But with swirling and time all glories awoke. Flowers, apricots, caramel, honey. Taste never quit and overwhelmed the mouth, in a good way. Stopped conversation. Wow. (97 pts.)
  • 2008 Peter Michael Chardonnay Point Rouge - USA, California, Sonoma County, Knights Valley (6/14/2015)
    Pale gold. Nose was middle aged, less fruits more spices. Taste was coating, mouthfilling, touch oily, rich. Delish in a challenging year for Cali Chards. (95 pts.)
  • 1998 Domaine André François Côte-Rôtie - France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Côte-Rôtie (6/14/2015)
    Garnet with orange rim. Nose was of the roasted meat variety. taste was of an aged Syrah/Cote Rotie. Very good show from an unknown-to me-producer. (92 pts.)
  • 2001 Domaine du Pégaü Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée Réservée - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Châteauneuf-du-Pape (6/14/2015)
    Garnet. Nose much less Strawberry, more herbal. Taste was good, a touch hotness on the end. (92 pts.)
  • 2009 Morlet Family Vineyards Chardonnay Coup de Coeur - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (6/10/2015)
    Pale yellow. Nose of flowers, vanilla and pear. Taste smooth, similar to nose. Good. (93 pts.)
  • 2009 Peter Michael Chardonnay Belle Côte - USA, California, Sonoma County, Knights Valley (6/6/2015)
    Pale yellow gold. Nose a mellow mix of mango, pear, clove. Taste had a mild oily consistency (I like), vanilla, mango. It seems this wine is at the top of my drink list as I have had this many times this year and it holds up well. (93 pts.)
  • 2005 Nicolas Potel Volnay Vieilles Vignes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Volnay (6/6/2015)
    Garnet with an orange rim. Nose was all tertiary-surprising given the 10 years of age. Forest floor-perhaps-decaying leaves. Mouth was medium weight, tea. Good, but advanced. (90 pts.)
  • 1996 Château Beychevelle - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, St. Julien (6/4/2015)
    Medium garnet with a hint of orange rim. Nose was all leather like an S&M convention. Taste was all tertiary flavors, leather. Did I mention leather. Good, drink up. (92 pts.)
  • 2004 Pride Mountain Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve - USA, California, Napa Valley (5/27/2015)
    Deep garnet. Nose was clearly Pride, but the smack-you-in-the-face aromas seem to have mellowed and melded together better/well. Nose of chocolate, black berries and clove. Taste was smooth, rich, berrilicious. (95 pts.)
DavidG

Re: TN: a bunch of tasting notes

Post by DavidG »

Wow, some really nice stuff there Harry.