Me too, I'm liking the 2002...

Nicklasss

Me too, I'm liking the 2002...

Post by Nicklasss »

Volnay 1er Cru Champans from Marquis d'Angerville. I opened a bottle tonight, to drink and taste slowly with MC. Waiting forever these bottles, waiting for the best moment, waiting to be with other winelovers... And you finish by opening them when they're pass their best...

So no good reasons to open it, only to make MC and me, enjoying it over the long evening of Saint-Jean Baptiste, holiday because the day of Québec and the Québécois!

Nic
Nicklasss

Re: Me too, I'm liking the 2002...

Post by Nicklasss »

The Côte de Beaune area can be tricky, but I really like some producers like Agnès Paquet in Auxey, Catherine Maréchal in Chorey, Pavelot in Savigny, and of course D'Angerville in Volnay. Different from the Nuits, the wines made near Beaune can handle years in the cellar very well, to give excellent résults.

Like this specimen tonight.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Color is old cherry red. A very niçe color, and the wine is not completely clear. Nose is very nice, and complex. This wine might had strong oak aromas when it was young, but now, 12 years after, it is Fully integrated into a complex mixture. Nose of cherries, red berries, concentrated fruit, light old vanilla, coffee beans, spices, cinnamon, kirsch. In mouth, same type of complex flavors, light alcool heat, lots of sweet candy rasberries, red berries, sweet oak, spices, light mintyness, light tannins but long final on warm cherries and santalwood. This can maybe improve a bit, but
I would not wait more than 5 more years to enjoy. Excellent Volnay. Tn: 91-92.

Nic
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Is there any Volnay better than d'Angerville?
I have numerous bottles from 2005 and 2006.
stefan

Post by stefan »

>>
Is there any Volnay better than d'Angerville?
>>

No.
robertgoulet

Post by robertgoulet »

I liked louis boillot sous la chapelle better than the d'angerville's I had....I think champy bought them