Bonalgue

AKR

Bonalgue

Post by AKR »

Either these are library releases, or some collector was cleaning house, but K&L has the 1975, 1985, and 1995 vintages of Bonalgue in stock.

It's a small production Pomerol. Typically MacAthurs's was the only place I knew of that had a regular pipeline of the stuff. $60-$65 per which seems fair enough given the age/scarcity.

All were solid vintages for Pomerol, 1975 in particular.

Although at this age who knows how they taste.

PS: anyone seen the 2012 Parde de Haut Bailly in stock anywhere? I've got some of the grand vin, but would like to try its junior sibling at some point.
jckba

Re: Bonalgue

Post by jckba »

According the winesearcher, Nejaime's Wine Cellar has it in Stockbridge MA but at $42/btl I would be more inclined to buy more of the grand vin.
AKR

Post by AKR »

Hmmm. That's a nice area, I suppose the weekenders there don't blink over dropping that kind of money.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Chateau Vin

Post by Chateau Vin »

jckba wrote:According the winesearcher, Nejaime's Wine Cellar has it in Stockbridge MA but at $42/btl I would be more inclined to buy more of the grand vin.
Well, can't buy from a retailer in MA. :twisted: :twisted:

Anyone can marry whomever they want in all 50 states, but geez I still can't buy wine in some states and have it shipped to my place... Now that's backward.... :roll:
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

Easier to get a gun shipped to you than wine in many states. That's just plain wrong.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Really? You can order a handgun and ship it across state lines, Jay? With just a credit card? I bet you can't even do that in Texas. You sure can't in Maryland.

As to marrying anyone you want, that should be easy. We should try to make buying wine that easy.
Chateau Vin

Post by Chateau Vin »

DavidG wrote:
As to marrying anyone you want, that should be easy. We should try to make buying wine that easy.

Exactly.... Amen to that.
AKR

Post by AKR »

Chateau Vin wrote:
jckba wrote:According the winesearcher, Nejaime's Wine Cellar has it in Stockbridge MA but at $42/btl I would be more inclined to buy more of the grand vin.
Well, can't buy from a retailer in MA. :twisted: :twisted:

Anyone can marry whomever they want in all 50 states, but geez I still can't buy wine in some states and have it shipped to my place... Now that's backward.... :roll:
When I lived in the Northeast I'd order from Table & Vine (western Mass, and quite excellent) as well as Brookline Liquors & Spirits and pick them up whenever I was passing through. They didn't seem to mind holding stuff for extended times. Don't know if the second place is still in business. It must be tough competing with NH liquor stores, as well as some of the NY powerhouses - Zachys, PJ's, Empire etc.