Deals Thread

JimHow

Re: Deals Thread

Post by JimHow »

Sounds good to me, JC, don't go out of your way, if it's there great, if not, no big deal.
You da man. Dean Bernstein sings your praises.
jckba

Post by jckba »

Dean is a good guy, likes wine, likes Bordeaux wines, has a good palate and joined my Greenwich / Westchester wine dinner group 4 or so years back which cemented things. And I’ll be tasting through the 2020’s with him in a couple of weeks time at the UGC.
jckba

Post by jckba »

15 cases of 2014 Chateau Montrose up for grabs for $139.95 with free shipping on 6.

https://www.firstbottlewines.com/
AKR

Post by AKR »

Rimmerman/Garagiste sent out an email (at 7:30pm) offering half bottles of the 2001 Lefaurie Peyraguey for $29. They state these are late releases from the chateau. I purchased some 2001 EP decades ago for an economic cost of perhaps $20ish (halves and fulls) plus or minus something. They have generally drunk well, over the years, although a few examples have felt over sulfured (showing a soapy/dishwater note), but if one wants halves with provenance, it sounds like an 'ok' deal.

I'm passing, but a few years ago I did take them up on some 2009 L-P, also ex-chateau. It seems like the owners took a gamble on their dessert wines appreciating in value - in excess of inflation - and lost out. I'm lukewarm toward buying+cellaring this category, given that there is no penalty for buying on the 'spot' market, especially since these are 'tougher' than dry reds, and survive storage/transit issues better.
Musigny 151

Post by Musigny 151 »

L’Assemblage in the UK, has Montrose 2014 for £83 a bottle.
I bought three bottles; he has a six pack.
Disclaimer owner is a friend.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

InternetWines in Illinois currently having a Bordeaux sale. Highlights include the 2016 Sociando Mallet for $35, the 2019 d'Armailhac for $37, etc.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Flickinger’s progressive sale is in its final day. Leoville Barton 2014 at $75 isn’t bad.