Deals Thread

JCNorthway

Re: Deals Thread

Post by JCNorthway »

That's an amazing price for the Rancia, probably at least $10/bottle better than any place in the country.
Gerry M.

Post by Gerry M. »

Picked up 8 375's of 2015 Honig Cab for $10/btl. It's a go-to weeknight wine when I'm drinking alone and it's been consistently available in NH. It's a sale price for 1/2 what it normally goes for.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

While browsing Zachys site I found a couple of awfully discounted Italian steals / deals amongst them the 2017 Felsina Rancia Chianti Classico Reserva on prearrival for wait for it $32.99/btl.
I broke my "I'm done buying wine forever other than a case each of 2018/19 Corbin/Tour St. Christophe" exception, JC, I went with six bottles of the 2017 Felsina reserve at $22 and six bottles of the 2017 Rancia at $32, those are superb prices for a great property.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Today is day 1 of the Crush progressive winter sale. I deleted the email before I could be tempted.

This is a sale where good things come to those who wait. Unless they wait too long...
skgolf91

Post by skgolf91 »

has anyone received the wine ordered from HDHWINE.com? I ordered some for black friday 15% off sale and they are not responding to my emails that much. I am about to ask them for a refund and if I don't hear back, I'll do a chargeback...
JoelD

Post by JoelD »

skgolf91 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:43 am has anyone received the wine ordered from HDHWINE.com? I ordered some for black friday 15% off sale and they are not responding to my emails that much. I am about to ask them for a refund and if I don't hear back, I'll do a chargeback...
I got my case the week after ordering. I believe they sent it out on the day I requested.

Did you ever put a shipping date request when you ordered? Maybe it got held up that way
AKR

Post by AKR »

skgolf91 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:43 am has anyone received the wine ordered from HDHWINE.com? I ordered some for black friday 15% off sale and they are not responding to my emails that much. I am about to ask them for a refund and if I don't hear back, I'll do a chargeback...
HDH is generally a pretty high service level place. Before doing chargebacks I think a phone call would be warranted.

Email is ok for some things, but this sounds like a call would get some resolution.

I had 20 years of happy business dealings with them before they mostly got out of the older wine retail biz, not the auction side.
AKR

Post by AKR »

I rarely see deals on BDX anymore -- and I'm not looking as much either -- but Wine Access has a decent offering on the 2016 Bernadotte [Haut Medoc] $19/per, $17 if you buy a case or more. The 'magic' with WA is that one can stack coupons + deals with them to typically get prices that net out to ~40% lower that the stated prices. I bought a bottle previously (different vendor) for the same price.

Bernadotte is a cru bourgeoise that tends to be high 20's price wise, and for my tastes is one of best ones (right up there with Chasse Spleen, Poujeaux etc. although it may not have a multi decade lifespan). Style/winemaking has reputedly changed since Pichon Lalande owners sold it. In the past I would generally equate Bernadotte (quality wise) to Reserve de Comtesse. They only make a couple thousand cases, so an estate I keep an eye out for.
jal

Post by jal »

Grapes has a big Burgundy Father's Day sale today; 25% off mixed cases and 15% off single bottles. Burgundy has gotten so expensive and I have seen very few decent deals even with the discount but may be worth a look.
Best

Jacques
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Do you have any recommendations on a mixed case Jacques?
jal

Post by jal »

Jim,
For whites, i would look at Fevre and Billaud Simon Chablis, Bzikot and Paul Pernot Puligny,.
For reds, domaine de la Vougeraie is a producer i always like. .

We are still travelling so this is after a quick glance only.
Best

Jacques
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Thanks.
jal

Post by jal »

So of the reds I bought:
7 x Domaine de La Vougeraie - Bourgogne Pinot Noir Terres En Famille 2017
1 x Domaine de La Vougeraie - Pommard Les Petits Noizons 2017
1 x Domaine de La Vougeraie - Charmes-Chambertin Les Mazoyères 2012
3 x Domaine de Montille - Volnay 1er Cru Les Mitans 2016

I didn't buy any whites.
Best

Jacques
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Ok great Jacques I think I'm going to mirror your purchase, although I had always promised myself I would never buy a Montille after I watched the way that dink son was mean and dismissive to his elderly father in that documentary. I'm sure I'm being unfair to the son, but he definitely pissed me off the way he was rolling his eyes and making fun of his elderly father. Inexcusable.
jal

Post by jal »

Well, if we're going to boycott every rude obnoxious winemaker... :D :D .
I admit to forgetting about that, hopefully the kid grew up since.
I have not bought de Montille in years mainly because the wines used to age at a glacial pace. The Burghound review gives me hope about this Volnay
Best

Jacques
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I think he called him like a foolish old man, or some such thing. The old man was like pushing 90. The scene really, really bothered me. He probably loved his father more than anyone, but it was an ugly little scene of elder abuse, in my opinion. The daughter was very loving, but the son was a little puke bitch. I’m gonna try to find the scene and revisit it, if anyone finds it let me know. What was the name of that movie, anyway... now I'm obsessed with finding it.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

It looks like the father died a couple years later.
I think the movie was "A Year in Burgundy"?
This is a sweet picture, the father with his son and daughter....
I just remember how vulnerable my father was in his final days, I still want to find that scene in the movie where he makes fun of his elderly father...

https://www.decanter.com/wine-news/obit ... ille-5232/
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Ah, I found it, you can see the old man and the daughter in this trailer...
The daughter was a sweetheart, she clearly had more patience than the son.

"Mondovino"....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHBPvgOO29M
jal

Post by jal »

I have the dvd somewhere. Haven't seen it in years. I'll check it out (if i can find a dvd player lol)
Best

Jacques
AKR

Post by AKR »

Winex has their 10% Off Bastille Day sale today. It doesn't sound like much but their already sharp pricing and fine selection make it a better deal than one would expect. They will HTS as well, but its not all that reliable in my experience.

Today you get 10% off our entire selection of incredibly-priced In-Stock French wines (that means Pre-Arrivals are excluded), automatically deducted at checkout. Easy enough for ya'? There's over 850 selections on the docket including some seriously big names! You have until midnight tonight to make it happen. After that, it's back to 'normale', 'classique' or whatever you wanna call it en Francais.
jckba

Post by jckba »

Grapes The Wine Company (aka Posner) is having a Bastille Day offering 15% off bottle(s) and 25% off on a purchases of 12 or more bottles of French white wine.
AKR

Post by AKR »

2016 Rouget for $35, not bad considering prevailing market conditions

https://www.bottleshop.com/products/132 ... merol-2016

It looks like their attempt to boost prices (they had aspirations of $50 zone like other lesser Pomerols) didn't fly with consumers.

The wines are pretty long lived, btw.
PghMike

Post by PghMike »

Rakuten has 10 percent cashback on wine.com. This can be used simultaneously with coupon codes and raise.com giftcards. Total discount possible on $200 is almost 40 percent.

Code: NPCC50 is $50 off $200.
jckba

Post by jckba »

Rather than limiting this year's Black Friday offer to Friday only, we at Millesima have decided to extend it to last the full week, Black Friday Week, which officially kicks off now! You will have until Sunday, November 28th to enjoy the following promo code, valid for 4 levels of discounts*:

- $50 off your next purchase of $450 or more
- $120 off your next purchase of $950 or more
- $200 off your next purchase of $1,500 or more
- $500 off your next purchase of $3,000 or more
WITH THE PROMO CODE BF2021
Buy Now

*Offer valid until 11/28/2021 included. Excluding futures wines, champagnes and on sale items. Not combinable with other promo codes. The various discount levels are not combinable. Valid once per customer/same delivery address.
PghMike

Post by PghMike »

Rakuten is 12 percent cashback for wine.com today.

Referral gets both the user and me $40 right now after a $40 purchase. Rakuten stacks on coupon codes.

JB20, 20JB, Get20, DHOL20, 20PS50, Journey20 are codes that may work for $20 off $50.

https://www.rakuten.com/r/MICHAE109589?eeid=44753
jckba

Post by jckba »

And special note to Orlando, there are 2 bottles left of 2015 Rougeard Les Poyeux @ $299.99 which after discount come down to $225. Happy shopping.

Suburban Wines Newsletter
Sale Ends Friday November 26th, 2021

Black Friday Sale!

Black Friday Sale
Black Friday Sale! 25% off still wines only.

Big names…even BIGGER savings.

Promo code BLACKFRIDAY21 must be entered at checkout and is valid TODAY (11/26) only, 12:00amEST – 11:59pmEST!

All orders MUST be placed though the website using promo code BLACKFRIDAY21. Code in not valid for in-store shopping and we will NOT be accepting email or phone call orders.

Many of the items have only a few bottles remaining, so act fast!
Wines already on sale and all pre-arrivals are excluded for this offer.
robert goulet

Post by robert goulet »

Orlando Bobby...get on it!
OrlandoRobert

Post by OrlandoRobert »

Woohoo!!!!!!
jckba

Post by jckba »

OrlandoRobert wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:44 pm Woohoo!!!!!!
Sokolin seems to have just recently put some online for $199.99/per. Good things appear to come to those who wait.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Stock market crashing, wine prices to follow! Save your powder!
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Got a wine.com coupon for $100 off on a $300 purchase. Says "one redemption per customer." Not sure if that means multiple different people can each use it once or if it expired after I used it. Give it a try:

DM6RAI2U8RRA

That’s the capital letter "I" in the middle, not the number "1."
Expires 12/31/2021 if it hasn’t already.
Wines with prices that end in "7" aren’t eligible.

Edited to add: I’ve been told this was a one and done, no longer valid after I used it. So sorry.
JoelD

Post by JoelD »

DavidG wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:07 am Got a wine.com coupon for $100 off on a $300 purchase. Says "one redemption per customer." Not sure if that means multiple different people can each use it once or if it expired after I used it. Give it a try:

DM6RAI2U8RRA

That’s the capital letter "I" in the middle, not the number "1."
Expires 12/31/2021 if it hasn’t already.
Wines with prices that end in "7" aren’t eligible.

Edited to add: I’ve been told this was a one and done, no longer valid after I used it. So sorry.
Contrary to what the WB guys will tell you, I actually appreciate this. Thanks. Sometimes CS will honor these anyways :)
PghMike

Post by PghMike »

Rakuten is maxed out at 15 percent cashback for Wine.com for Cyber Monday. Referrals also net the referrer and new user $40 each if you haven't used it yet.

Coupon code: PARTYWINE I got today for 30 off 150.

https://www.rakuten.com/r/MICHAE109589?eeid=44753
jckba

Post by jckba »

Grapes the Wine Company (aka Posner) with a sharp Cyber Monday sale off anything wine and my only advice is do price check as you normally would.

The rules are simple...our biggest sale of the year...all wine (including sparkling) is on sale...15% off when you buy one single bottle...25% off when you purchase 12 btls or more...mix and match! You can buy multiple cases!

Some of the fine print to be noted...spirits are NOT part of the sale. This sale will expire on Monday evening, 11:59 pm...no exceptions. We will not extend it like Black Friday, because then it just never ends.

https://www.grapesthewineco.com/
PghMike

Post by PghMike »

20 percent cashback on Retailmenot. Just received some cashback for Giscours futures back from late October so I know it works. Max cashback is $50 per transaction.
jckba

Post by jckba »

For those interested, Posner @ Grapes the Wine Company just emailed out the below offer on the 2014 VCC:

2014 Chateau Vieux Chateau Certan Pomerol
Grapes Sale Price: $199/btl
Grapes Sale Price: $567/3 pack ($189/btl)
Musigny 151

Post by Musigny 151 »

Talking of Posner, there are three magnums of Trapet Chambertin 2016 at $995 each. That is approximately what a bottle of the 2020 is going for.
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

B-21 in florida has the 15,16 and 18 Lanessan for $19.98. Free shipping on the 21st of every month for case + orders or $12/case but that might vary. Online only as they don't seem to take phone calls.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Repour is on sale tomorrow for BerserkerDay, $1 each for 40 or a bit less for 72:
https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/vi ... 7&t=186381
JoelD

Post by JoelD »

Somm tv on sale for berserker day. $20 for the year subscription. Steal of a deal. Link isn't up right now but i'll edit this post when it is.

https://www.sommtv.com/berserkerday

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/vi ... 6&t=186499
Last edited by JoelD on Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.