00 Clos Fourtet and 02 Clerc Milon

Nicklasss

00 Clos Fourtet and 02 Clerc Milon

Post by Nicklasss »

Diner with my brother and some other friends last Sunday, good time to open some Bordeaux.

00 Clos Fourtet: still dark red, nose of tobacco, prunes, rasberries, oak vanilla, dark red berries. In mouth, big, ripe, seductive, lost of creamy dark berries, ripe tannins, light chocolate. Thick with a long finish. An exçellent wine, with 10 more years to go. Tn: 90-91+.

02 Clerc Milon: dark red color, nose with a light green végétal touch, but with strong blackcurrants, darkberries, graphite and minerals. In mouth, more structure, more acidity, more grip than the St-Émilion. Medium blackcurrant and blackberries, ready to go, with a niçe old leather and lead pencil finish. Tn: 91.

Two different and excellent Bordeaux. It was difficult to prefer one to the other, even if very different wines.

Nic
JimHow

Re: 00 Clos Fourtet and 02 Clerc Milon

Post by JimHow »

Mmmmm I can taste the lead pencil on that 2002 Clerc Milon from here.
Those who don't understand 2002L don't know what they're missing!
Claret

Post by Claret »

I have not opened any of my 02's. I do have some Clerc Milon and look forward to the Dixon #2 pencil shavings of my youth.
Glenn
AKR

Post by AKR »

Those sound great. Nice times indeed.
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

Many thanks Nic.

I have a case of the Clos Fourtet 2000. Would you say it is a bit over the top? As in being a bit too modern and extracted. My eyebrow raised, Roger Moore style, on your reference to prunes ... seems like there is no hurry to drink these.,