TN: Bunch of TNs from Bordeaux to Tokay to Chardonnay-Oh My!

Harry C.

TN: Bunch of TNs from Bordeaux to Tokay to Chardonnay-Oh My!

Post by Harry C. »

• 2007 Peter Michael Chardonnay Belle Côte - USA, California, Sonoma County, Knights Valley (7/25/2015)
    Pale gold. Yes I just had this the day before, but this was for a tasting group. Lovely mix a flowers, pear and mango. Mouth was smooth, mouthcoating with vanillins, pear, mango in cream. Wonderful and my last bottle. (96 pts.)
  • 2001 Bond Melbury - USA, California, Napa Valley (7/25/2015)
    Deep garnet. Nose of plum, asian spices. Taste was mouth filling, black fruits, licorice. Very nice, but some how wanted more. (94 pts.)
  • 2007 Peter Michael Chardonnay La Carrière - USA, California, Sonoma County, Knights Valley (7/25/2015)
    Pale gold. Nose initially shy but kept opening throughout the night to reveal pear, mango, cloves and a kick of licorice at the end. Taste was smooth throughout. A lingering licorice finish. I will try to remember to decant the next one. (94 pts.)
  • 1993 Disznókő Tokaji Aszú 6 Puttonyos - Hungary, Tokaji (7/25/2015)
    Amber gold. Nose was mellow, apricot cream, touch of pineapple. Taste was medium sweet, mouth filling, caramel, apricot. Delish. (93 pts.)
  • 2002 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, Washington (7/25/2015)
    Deep garnet. Nose has mellowed out a bit but still quite youthful. Hints of blueberries, cinnamon. Taste was like a 3 year old wine. Blueberries, blackberries, cinnamon. Very good, but 100 points?? Don't think so. (93 pts.)
  • 2012 Aubert Chardonnay Larry Hyde & Sons - USA, California, Napa / Sonoma, Carneros (7/25/2015)
    Yellow gold. Nose of vanilla, pear, butter, cream. Taste was smooth, rich, vanilla, pear in cream. Wonderful (93 pts.)
  • 1996 Château Grand-Puy-Lacoste - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Pauillac (7/25/2015)
    Garnet, Nose a mellow mix of tertiary flavors, nothing out of place, just not enough of there there. Taste morrored the nose with some licorice, black fruits, seasoned salt. (89 pts.)
  • 2007 Peter Michael Chardonnay Belle Côte - USA, California, Sonoma County, Knights Valley (7/18/2015)
    Yellow with a hint of green. Nose blew away the most recent bottle, with mango, pineapple, cinnamon, vanilla. Taste was smooth, all of the nose with a licorice hint at the end of the long finish. Wonderful. (96 pts.)
  • 1996 Château Ferrand Lartigue - France, Bordeaux, Libournais, St. Émilion Grand Cru (7/15/2015)
    garnet with orange rim. Nose all tertiary, forest floor, dried herbs, licorice. Taste medium weight, a hair thin, short but pleasant finish. (90 pts.)
  • 2000 Pride Mountain Vineyards Cabernet Franc - USA, California, Sonoma County (7/15/2015)
    corked NR (flawed)
  • 2007 Pride Mountain Vineyards Cabernet Franc - USA, California, Sonoma County (7/15/2015)
    corked=who said the corked issue is lessening-2 corked Prides in 1 week NR (flawed)
AKR

Re: TN: Bunch of TNs from Bordeaux to Tokay to Chardonnay-Oh My!

Post by AKR »

Weird that the 96 Ferrand Lartigue came across better than the 96 GPL.

Haven't had the latter in quite some time, though.
Harry C.

Post by Harry C. »

This was stored in a Temperature controlled cellar since release. I heard Uncle Bob upped his rating too. I call 'em as I sees 'em.
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

Harry,

Two different corked vintages of Prides in a row. What a bummer!

It's been a long time since I had a California Chardonnay, and the ones you tasted are reputed to be among the best.
I'm glad they delivered.

It's funny what you say about the 96 GPL. I recently saw a note on another forum that was much the same.
I have a magnum in the cellar and dreamt last night that I had opened it and was drinking it!
This may well become reality in September when I am hosting a big party.

All the best,
Alex
Harry C.

Post by Harry C. »

Alex, How ya doin? A Magnum should be showing well-lucky dinner guests!
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

Harry,

I'm doing just fine and really enjoyed spending that week with you.

All the best,
Alex