GPL vertical offline? In Colorado?

Blanquito

GPL vertical offline? In Colorado?

Post by Blanquito »

Any chance we can organize a BWE tasting in the next month or two, perhaps featuring a vertical of Grand Puy Lacoste?

I can definitely host/organize in Denver and rally 1-2 local Bordeaux lovers. I have a number of various GPL vintages: 1982, 1995, 1996, 2002-2005, 2009, and 2010. Though the theme is less important than the event of course.

Maybe a show of hands who can come to Colorado? And a second group who are interested but can't travel to Colorado (but perhaps willing to travel to DC or NYC?)?

Art, Tom and Chris? I know each of you has reason to be in the Rockies from time to time.

Anybody else?
AKR

Re: GPL vertical offline? In Colorado?

Post by AKR »

Ski season and GPL would be a good way to tempt me to pop into Denver!

Good on you for trying to pull something together there.
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

I have exactly nine bottles of the antipode, 2003 GPL necessary for one-on-one comparison with your nine vintages.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Arv, we definitely need a Ski BWE event this coming ski season. Half wine and food/half skiing. Let's co-plan something.

Art, when are you in CO or for how long?
Winona Chief

Post by Winona Chief »

I just got back from Colorado a week ago (needed to get back East for the BWE in Maine) and expect to be there two weeks in August and almost three weeks in September. Could try to coordinate a time in November, December or January if necessary. With two grandchildren out there, I'm on Grandpa duty a lot of the time but can get away for an evening now and then. I think I have the 1986 and 1990 GPL and perhaps a 1978.

Chris Bublitz
Roel

Post by Roel »

To far away for me, but sounds like fun guys! :)