President Trump

DavidG

Re: President Trump

Post by DavidG »

Chris, Scott and I are at polar opposites of the political spectrum on many issues, but we can share a laugh about Bill Clinton's undies. I don't think either of us was being serious about that particular item:
JScott wrote:Lol exactly. And let's be honest, those shorts probably had seen some wear......
Now if someone had the ones he was wearing with Monica, and the blue dress to match, how do you think an Antiques Roadshow appraiser would value it?
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I did tell you guys the story about the time I took a leak with Bill Clinton, right?
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

JimHow wrote:I don't know I'm not a doctor.
I heard a report that pneumonia is the leading cause of death for people over 65.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
And misunderstanding of statistics just as dangerous.
Something the media revels in.

Most people with pneumonia don't die.
There are many different levels of severity.
It's not a chronic disease and unless the patient is otherwise at risk due to other disease, is not likely to recur.

My understanding is that this was not a particularly severe case, not even bad enough to warrant hospitalization ("walking pneumonia"), but that pushing on with daily events on a hot day with lack of adequate hydration led to some dizziness and a near or brief fainting spell. Big deal. I hope.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

JimHow wrote:I did tell you guys the story about the time I took a leak with Bill Clinton, right?
Don't tell me, he was trying to light a cigarette and asked you to hold it for him?
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I guess the thing that concerns me, a mere layman/country lawyer, is the fact that she has fallen/feinted what, four times now in the past couple years? What's up with that?
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Pretty meaningless unless you're looking to make something of a random unrelated series of events.

But I do want to hear about the time you and Bill Clinton took a leak together.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Most importantly David do you think most Americans believe there is no connections during 4 falls in the past couple years? The optics of that video were devastating if you ask me.
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

DavidG wrote:Chris, Scott and I are at polar opposites of the political spectrum on many issues, but we can share a laugh about Bill Clinton's undies. I don't think either of us was being serious about that particular item:
First time I'd ever heard about it so, me being me, I had to look for the factual basis of the story. :geek:
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

JimHow wrote:I did tell you guys the story about the time I took a leak with Bill Clinton, right?
I won a car race the same day Paul Newman did, at the same event/racetrack.
But that's the whole story.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Paul Newman was great, The Verdict was one of my favorite movies.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

JimHow wrote:Most importantly David do you think most Americans believe there is no connections during 4 falls in the past couple years? The optics of that video were devastating if you ask me.
Most Americans are being told that Clinton is hiding her health records (though she's released the usual and customary disclosures, the media wants more, more, more) and that she can't be trusted, so yes they have concerns. I think they are unfounded concerns based on my medical knowledge but obviously I don't have all the facts. But I bet my speculations are much closer to the truth than what is being pushed by the media. And that is shameful.

My guess is that she will release more info to calm the frenzy but it will never be enough. If she farts Wolf Blitzer will want to know how it smelled.

All the while Trump gets a pass on that junior high level health statement obviously written by Trump himself and given to his doctor to sign.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Sitting here in courtroom, one of my prisoners, 60 years old, just had a heart attack right in front of me.

Paramedics are here... "Ah we take care of Al all the time...."
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Old Al looks like he's gonna make it, I guess his defibrillator kicked in.
He's joking with the paramedics.
Of course, he's 8 years younger than Hillary.
Another day in Lewiston District Court....
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

The lady across the street where I live is close to Hillary's age. She lives alone and is very active, pitches softball on a travelling team, works ski patrol, etc.
Earlier this year she came down with pneumonia after becoming ill from a tick bite.
She had to be hospitalized while they treated for the tick-borne parasite, serious dehydration, and the pneumococcal infection.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Pneumococcus isn't tick-borne. Maybe she had multiple infections...

The diversity in how people respond to illness is remarkable. Some of it is explainable by age or concurrent illness or risk factors. But sometimes it just leaves me awed. I bet old Al has plenty of risk factors. Guessing he's socioeconomically disadvantaged, doesn't take great care of himself and has a hard life. But he takes a licking and keeps on ticking, just like the old Timex ads. My brother OTOH had every advantage known to modern man. But when your number is up...
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

DavidG wrote:Pneumococcus isn't tick-borne. Maybe she had multiple infections...
The pneumonia was a side effect of being weakened by the primary infection - ehrlichiosis I believe.
She spent nearly a week in hospital, followed by a couple weeks of limited activity at home.
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

My dad, at 87, just had a pacemaker installed this year.
He's had a congenital heart valve condition that wasn't problematic until this spring, when he passed out while exercising on a treadmill.
He drove himself to the doctor, who promptly admitted him, and a few days later he caught a cab from the hospital to the Dr's office to pick up his car.
He is one of the most busy/active people I've ever known, and this barely slowed him down.
The only big effect was he lost his pilot's license for about 6 months, until the FAA reviewed the doctor's report after the pacemaker installation.

Now he says he's stopped buying wine, and will give me his wine fridge once he consumes the contents over the next year or so.
He read that wine consumption may exacerbate heart problems for people with his condition.
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

Being as close, Jim, as you are to both Clintons I find it nearly miraculous you have not died of two self-inflicted gunshot wounds to the head yet. Stay safe, my friend!
JScott

Post by JScott »

AlohaArtakaHoundsong wrote:Being as close, Jim, as you are to both Clintons I find it nearly miraculous you have not died of two self-inflicted gunshot wounds to the head yet. Stay safe, my friend!
Lol
JScott

Post by JScott »

Mostly agree with David (would be unseemly for me to completely agree!). Every reason to expect a full recovery from a case of pneumonia absent complications. By itself, a non-issue, and not an indication of anything in particular. Healthy 20 year olds can get pneumonia.

Where I would differ is the notion that there is no reason whatsoever to suspect any relationship between multiple syncopal episodes. It is most certainly unusual. How many here have passed out four times over the past several years, once resulting in a very significant head injury? If a patient presents with this history, there is not a doctor alive who wouldn't at a minimum pursue it to see if there is a connection and some underlying issue. It is also reasonable to assume, in light of this, that her doctors have done just that and are satisfied that they are on top of whatever her issues are.

Despite the ardent support of the faithful, Team Hillary has not been honest about this, having claimed allergies and overheating when the diagnosis was apparently made last week. Really dumb, but it is this candidate's reflexive posture. (She apparently only came in at 13% on the Truthometer cited above. Besting Trump is setting the bar pretty low, no?).
AKR

Post by AKR »

If she was in the Royal Navy, they'd administer a nice tot of grog to her.

That would fix what ails her.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

How many here have passed out four times over the past several years, once resulting in a very significant head injury?
That's my question. I don't know anyone who has fallen four times over a couple of years. Seems unusual to me.

Boy that was scary in the courtroom today, we were running late, I had six prisoners in the dock for bail hearings, the judge was handling a juvenile case in the courtroom next door, I was killing time posting messages here on BWE from my iPhone. The DA wanted $500 bail for 60 year old Al for a felony habitual offender driving charge, I was gonna use Al's health problems as part of my argument for personal recognizance. He told me he had a pacemaker. The judge came in, one of the court officers told me they were gonna take Al out because he was having chest pains, the judge called Al's name, he just happened to be first on the list, I said, "judge, they're going to take him out, he's having chest pains," no sooner do I say that but he fell flat on his face, right in front of me, hit his head hard on the carpeted floor. For a few moments he was just lying there motionless but the court officers tended to him and by the time the paramedics got there he was joking and he recognized the paramedics, who apparently have tended to him before. For a while there, though, I thought Al had left us for good. The five young women who were chained together were crying. Boy, here today, gone tomorrow. At least the judge granted personal recognizance bail, so if he gets discharged from the hospital he doesn't have to post the $500. <rolls eyes>
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Unusual is not a disqualifier. No one running for President is usual. But health wise, it seems that there are logical non-life-threatening explanations for all of these. The most serious was the clot a few years ago but that appears to be a non-issue now.

I also suspect you would be surprised at how common falls are. And a fall is not a sign of loss of consciousness. And brief LOC in and of itself can range from non-serious to very serious. I think she has to explain at this point, as there are a lot of people asking these questions and wondering what you are wondering.
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Personal recognizance for an habitual offender driver with a history of passing out? Sounds like a recipe for a multiple fatality car crash. At least can we disable his vehicle somehow?
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Hmm didn't think of that, Hound. Imagine if he does get in a car and kills someone, there'd be hell to pay!
Two -- not one, TWO -- Maine Supreme Court arguments tomorrow, yuck, one right after another, I guess I'd rather do it that way, get the punishment out of the way in one shot rather than spread it out.
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Well, you're not the prosecutor ... the justice mill grinds neither fast nor fine
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Dead heat. He's even winning in Maine...

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/09/16/us ... times.com/
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

And the Manchester Union Leader endorsed Gary Johnson yesterday.
OTOH, the Dallas Morning News endorsed Clinton. First time in 70+ years they didn't endorse the Republican.

Then there's the Colin Powell email leakage...
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Looks like Johnson is killing Hillary in places like Maine and NH.
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

One of the Trump paths to victory involves pulling at least one electoral vote out of Maine.
Pretty hard to imagine him actually winning in PA though. It's generally regarded as a must win state for him to have any hope.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

...unless he wins Michigan.
JonathanP

Post by JonathanP »

Not sure what relevance it has to wine, but the presidential vote does seem to be of excessive interest.
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

and Trump is still on the birther issue despite his campaign managers' best efforts. I wonder if he will bring it up during the debate??
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

So we now know that Trump is medically obese and has a weakness for hamburgers.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

DavidG wrote:
Don't tell me, he was trying to light a cigarette and asked you to hold it for him?
Lol.
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

Blanquito wrote:So we now know that Trump is medically obese and has a weakness for hamburgers.
I thought they fudged the numbers so he was only overweight. :roll:
I think his exercise regimen should be called out for what it is - just another of his pathological lies.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

I heard on radio that even the "real" numbers put him just a few pounds below being classified as medically obese.
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

Blanquito wrote:I heard on radio that even the "real" numbers put him just a few pounds below being classified as medically obese.
At that weight, if his height is 6'2" he's obese, if it's 6'3" he's only overweight.
At least that's what I saw.
AKR

Post by AKR »

Poor Chris Christie got bariatric surgery so that no one could call him a chubber during a presidential election effort.

How it must steam him to watch all this.

This was great btw

http://www.newyorker.com/cartoons/daily ... ember-12th
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Tied in CO and PA.
Bad. Very bad.