President Trump

Tom In DC

Re: President Trump

Post by Tom In DC »

Is $2.70 some magic amount? Less than a Starbucks skim latte?
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

I think it's a riff on an electoral college majority. The sort of inside politics True American Patriots despise.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Ah ok I get it, I was wondering that myself.
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

AlohaArtakaHoundsong wrote:Many stoners are voting for Gary Johnson because he's pro-legalization.
They may say they're voting now, but on Nov. 8th how many will even remember it's election day? ;)
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

A sexual predator at the top of the GOP ticket:

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cass ... rtys-midst

I know they can say that Bill did the same think (I'm sure JFK too) but when it's on video it hurts more....
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Will Hillary shake his hand tomorrow night?
AKR

Post by AKR »

He'll probably try to pinch her heinie.

I've always told people to watch out for him, ever since the 90's when he floated a scammy equity offering, that offended my delicate sensibilities. He got the Merrill analyst fired for daring to point out that the stock had no clothes.
Chateau Vin

Post by Chateau Vin »

JimHow wrote:A sexual predator at the top of the GOP ticket:

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cass ... rtys-midst

I know they can say that Bill did the same think (I'm sure JFK too) but when it's on video it hurts more....
What Bill did was absolutely wrong not because of his personal behavior, but because when in office, he is not representing himself, but representing me, and millions of Americans and America itself for what it stands. It was more like consensual but Trump comes across more like predatory if you connect the dots...

What I am bothered by this Trump guy from administration perspective is that, he is incapable of taking any advice from anyone. I have been watching and time and again he proved that he cannot listen to anyone else and take advice. No president knows everything about economics, foreign policy, administration, military, etc. The key is you need to listen, take advice and provide leadership in implementing the decisions. If he has such big ego, cannot listen and take advice from advisors and experts, disaster is around the corner...
Chateau Vin

Post by Chateau Vin »

AKR wrote:He'll probably try to pinch her heinie.

I've always told people to watch out for him, ever since the 90's when he floated a scammy equity offering, that offended my delicate sensibilities. He got the Merrill analyst fired for daring to point out that the stock had no clothes.
He has always been a scam. Even most of WGs I know say that he is a shady businessman...
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

JimHow wrote:Will Hillary shake his hand tomorrow night?
Maybe reach out, and then withdraw her hand at the last second.

Psych!

:o
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

If he withdraws it will open up all kinds of Republican/Mike Pence electoral legal shenanigans.
Best bet is if he stats on the race.
Let's see if he pulls off anything resembling a Checkers tomorrow night.
AKR

Post by AKR »

Chateau Vin wrote:

He has always been a scam. Even most of WGs I know say that he is a shady businessman...
I'm assuming WG = White Guy ?

or is this some new texting acronym that I have missed out on
jal

Post by jal »

Fact 1.
Whoever is still voting for Trump must know exactly exactly who they are voting for. The fact that he has any support in the nation is sickening.

Fact 2.
The Republicans have chosen this guy as their leader when they should have made it clear to him from the start that he does not belong in their party. They would have had a chance at a Republican president if Jeb Bush, Romney, or Rubio were the candidate especially after eight years of a Democrat in the White House.

Fact 3.
Hillary will be president. I doubt a lot of Americans are ecstatic about that that but she's the only solution at this point.

What could change? Well, the Republicans could fire Trump I suppose, nominate Pence/Anyone or Romney/Ryan, I understand the ballot deadline has passed in some States but that's probably just a technicality that could be bypassed, the problem is that Preibus and his cohort haven't shown any cojones yet and I doubt they will now.
The party of Lincoln has been taken hostage by the trio of gangsters Trump/Christie/Giulliani. After the last eight years of the disgusting politics of the Tea Party, of government shutdowns, of threats, of innuendoes, of birthing rumors, then Mitch McConnell you reap what you sow.
Best

Jacques
Chateau Vin

Post by Chateau Vin »

AKR wrote:
Chateau Vin wrote:

I'm assuming WG = White Guy ?

or is this some new texting acronym that I have missed out on
Oops... I meant WG to be Wharton Graduate... Usually that's what they refer themselves to...
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

People have already voted.
No way the Republican Party can legally float another candidate at this point.

WRT WG white guy/Wharton graduate - potaito/potahto :D
AKR

Post by AKR »

jal wrote: Fact 2.
The Republicans have chosen this guy as their leader when they should have made it clear to him from the start that he does not belong in their party. They would have had a chance at a Republican president if Jeb Bush, Romney, or Rubio were the candidate especially after eight years of a Democrat in the White House.

The party of Lincoln has been taken hostage by the trio of gangsters Trump/Christie/Giulliani.
I think the whole reason Christie/Rudy/Newt glommed onto DJT is that they really have no say in policy making currently, or a future in elected office, so they figured a high volatility, Hail Mary pick like Trump fit their needs more than anyone else.

Whether Jeb or Romney were suitable is an open question, but I don't think they were electable in any case. Rubio probably had their best shot, and I think he still has a fine future ahead.

Although HRC is certainly to the left of whatever other options there were, I don't think in practical matters she will govern wildly differently than a Romney -- who was the original author of a PoliticanNamedCare program, banned assault / modern sporting rifles, and unleased a torrent of fees/levies upon Taxachusetts.

On the bright side, this electoral season has been a true Bonfire of the Vanities, and has been so joyously entertaining. And we've still got a month to go, and maybe Trump will become incapacitated, after Melania hits him with one of her stilletto Blahniks.
jal

Post by jal »

AKR wrote: Whether Jeb or Romney were suitable is an open question, but I don't think they were electable in any case. Rubio probably had their best shot, and I think he still has a fine future ahead.

If Trump is still showing well against Hillary with all the negatives surrounding him, I think Jeb or Romney would have had an easy victory against an unpopular Hillary. In any case, it's speculation at this point.
AKR wrote:On the bright side, this electoral season has been a true Bonfire of the Vanities, and has been so joyously entertaining. And we've still got a month to go, and maybe Trump will become incapacitated, after Melania hits him with one of her stilletto Blahniks.

Hahaha, but Melania is an opportunist just like her hubby. I shudder to think she could be first lady.
Last edited by jal on Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best

Jacques
AlohaArtakaHoundsong

Post by AlohaArtakaHoundsong »

jal wrote:Fact 1.
Whoever is still voting for Trump must know exactly exactly who they are voting for. The fact that he has any support in the nation is sickening.

[...]

After the last eight years of the disgusting politics of the Tea Party, of government shutdowns, of threats, of innuendoes, of birthing rumors, then Mitch McConnell you reap what you sow.
In a nutshell. Reading Doris Kearns Goodwin's biography of LBJ lately. His politics and style of compromise, consensus and "centrism" would appear completely alien to today's politician.
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

One of the criticisms levied against Obama was that he didn't practice LBJ style governance.
JScott

Post by JScott »

As vile as all this is, I don't think it's going to move the needle. As Jacques said above, anyone voting for Trump has already accepted who he is. Hillary supporters view it as an indictment of his base, whom they assume must be morally bankrupt, racist and misogynistic bigots to be able to overlook this. Half the country aren't bigots. It's a reflection of just how repulsive Hillary is to them, just as no manner of scandal changes the support for Hillary on the other side. The "base" on both sides is nothing more than a visceral revulsion of the other side of the ticket, whom is viewed as the anti-Christ that will end civilization. I have met no one who is excited about their candidate. Most depressing election of my lifetime, and I continue to find both of them utterly reprehensible.
Antoine

Post by Antoine »

I don't follow this very much and I understand there is a lot of negative campaigning as it is efficient but I assume many people can see through most of the "...".
Why Hillary is seen so negatively? I heard about her mails but really, it does not look like a good diabolising thing... What is wrong with her compared to other politicians (apart she is a female)?
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

She's very opportunistic Antoine.
I don't think the Trump sex tape will end his campaign but I do think it'll move the needle a point or two. And in an extremely tight race, it could mean the difference.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

And there may be "far worse" coming….

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... li=BBnb7Kz
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

I read one article which speculated that this tape is just the beginning of Trump's greatest hits, otherwise it would have been released closer to the election.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Back from dinner with Ian and Maureen.
Watching the Donald doing a song and dance.
Let's see if she gets under his skin again.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Hillary not real strong on her response.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Sniffling again.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Not a good first 20 minutes for Hillary.
Her words seem empty.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Hillary not on her game tonight, at least in first half hour.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

He's killing her!
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Now he's starting to lose it.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

The health insurance question is kind of a draw.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Donald's body language is amazing to watch.
I'm thinking this format works for him.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Donald is dominating the stage.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Donald mocking her.
This is his night.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

He killed her on the tax question.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

She's sitting he's standing.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

This debate seems tedious for Hillary tonight.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Trump has been talking for like 6 straight minutes.

Martha Radatz is out of control!
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

"She has tremendous hate in her heart"