President Trump

JimHow

Re: President Trump

Post by JimHow »

I've said numerous times, she's at her best when she attacks him.
She's hardly attacked him tonight.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Donald Trump won this debate hands down.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

He certainly spoke to his base tonight.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

He took it to her.
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

I agree.

IMHO Trump slaughtered her early on and maintained his advantage. He prowled around to use his physical stature to try and intimidate her...she tried not to smirk and look condescending but kind of fell between two stools. He didn't lose it and really came out fighting; he really turned the tables; a good night for Trump.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

She didn't FIGHT tonight!
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Really strange night.
She had plenty of opportunities to go after him, but she didn't.
hautbrionlover

Post by hautbrionlover »

I thought Trump ranted and babbled a lot.
More of his puerile behavior and limited vocabulary on display (he refers to everything as a "disaster" multiple times) and little substance or command of details.
He looked angry and desperate, and not remotely presidential.
hautbrionlover

Post by hautbrionlover »

And his inability to answer the questions posed made him look like he has ADD
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

His pacing on the stage looked creepy to me, not dominating.
He did do better than the last one but didn't seem to be an overwhelming winner. And I'm pretty sure he isn't going to collect any undecideds with that performance.
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

What in the world does the Democratic candidate's hubands previous sexual escapades have to do with HER candidacy?
===
There was something unreal and perverse about last night's debate.

CNN summed it up nicely: "The world watches as Trump and Clinton hurl insults at each other".

Not a great advertisement for American democracy...

Alex R.
Antoine

Post by Antoine »

Comte Flaneur wrote:I agree.

IMHO Trump slaughtered her early on and maintained his advantage. He prowled around to use his physical stature to try and intimidate her...she tried not to smirk and look condescending but kind of fell between two stools. He didn't lose it and really came out fighting; he really turned the tables; a good night for Trump.
I am amazed to read this. People carrying judgment on a pugilat/"sport event" ignoring totally the reason for this debate: choose a President.
Trump managed to beat her up with ludicrous claims and threatening body language and to take her down sometimes towards his grotesque level so this is success?
The American public lost out because, instead of a debate on the future of America, we got a shameful show which must have overjoyed all dictators who can rightly say "look, you are better off with us!...". Does a single American not realise the Trump show is a disaster for America?

Did Trump give any reason to a human being to vote for him?
Can anybody consider giving this guy the nuclear button? Because, from their attitude for the last year, it is impossible to imagine that the Republicans would control him if he is elected? Who can have any more regard for democracy after this? Can you think about the consequences?
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Hopefully we'll be done with this asshole once and for all on about a month.
jal

Post by jal »

JimHow wrote:Hopefully we'll be done with this asshole once and for all on about a month.
Amen

One quote I saw somewhere:
"At first I just wanted Trump to lose the election
Now I want him to lose the election
Declare Bankruptcy
And end up in jail for the rest of his life."

I have not felt so disgusted by a human being in a long time
Best

Jacques
Chateau Vin

Post by Chateau Vin »

It was a good progress yesterday night on debate!!! Trump did not lose cool unlike previous debates... He called names and insults, but without screaming and yelling... He ranted less and went off the rails less than previous debate and primary showings...For once, he said he regretted about something (tape) in his life... To top it off, he even gave a straight forward answer and said something good about his opponent when asked by a voter at the end without pivoting...

Wow, Trump made good progress and what else do we need compared to what has been going on for last few days and last few months...
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

My younger employee thinks we need a debate like these every week, and that its better than any other reality show on TV.
He said he and his fiancee were riveted to the TV for an hour and a half, and the only thing better is the SNL parodies.

I have to agree about SNL. The show opener and the Kellyanne's Dayoff sketches had me in stitches.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Wow Clinton +7 in Rasmussen today.
Chateau Vin

Post by Chateau Vin »

JimHow wrote:Wow Clinton +7 in Rasmussen today.
Probably more because of tape rather than yesterday's debate...
Chateau Vin

Post by Chateau Vin »

hautbrionlover wrote:I thought Trump ranted and babbled a lot.
More of his puerile behavior and limited vocabulary on display (he refers to everything as a "disaster" multiple times) and little substance or command of details.
He looked angry and desperate, and not remotely presidential.
Also whether he realized or not, he contradicted himself when he praised clinton in the end for her toughness, never giveup attitude and called her a fighter, but all along he had been saying she is low energy and doesn't gave stamina...
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Oh the debate had nothing to do with that Rasmussen score. And even the tape would account for only 2 out of 5 days of polling. That tape must be crushing his numbers.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Wow +11 in WSJ poll in the days following release of the tape.
That tape killed him.
Now Ryan withdrawing support.
Stand by, folks, anything could happen here...
What incredible drama.
jal

Post by jal »

Ryan is beginning to show some spine but he still has to stand up to some of the crazies in his party. The anti abortion crowd is vehemently attacking him for conceding the presidency and allowing Hillary to murder fetuses. Without getting into the pro choice/life debate at this point, I think Ryan should make it clear that he's withdrawing support because Trump could care less about fetuses or about mothers, that Trump hijacked the party and made fools out of all of them because all he cares about is himself and his own power.
But asking him to tell it as it is would be too much to ask of any politician.
Best

Jacques
Chateau Vin

Post by Chateau Vin »

jal wrote:Ryan is beginning to show some spine but he still has to stand up to some of the crazies in his party. The anti abortion crowd is vehemently attacking him for conceding the presidency and allowing Hillary to murder fetuses. Without getting into the pro choice/life debate at this point, I think Ryan should make it clear that he's withdrawing support because Trump could care less about fetuses or about mothers, that Trump hijacked the party and made fools out of all of them because all he cares about is himself and his own power.
But asking him to tell it as it is would be too much to ask of any politician.
Amen...That's exactly what's in my mind after this latest drama...

I cannot think of someone else who lost presidential election (even as a VP candidate) and still be relevant and commands respect as he does and he has a great opportunity to set right the course of the party and it's agenda. But he turned out to be a spineless creature just like McCain (towards the fag end of his career). I understand the politics, but throwing out the principles, dignity, common decency and moral standards (what republican party seemingly espouses) seems to be the time of day. For people like Ryan and McConnell, party and power is more important than the country...
Last edited by Chateau Vin on Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Paul Ryan is a myth.
He is a creation of the Wall Street Journal and Fox News, just like that other lightweight, Scott Walker.
He is supposed to be the "intellectual" of the Republican Party.
That's how low the party has sunk.
He is shallow and lightweight.
He has no grand budget plan, beyond the same tired old trickle down BS.
He is just another party politician hack from that oh so inspiring group known as the United States Congress.
Chateau Vin

Post by Chateau Vin »

I agree Jim...But nonetheless, he is respected (among republican party and the establishment) and could have used it for the good. What a pity. The moment he said that he is a big believer of Ayn Rand philosophy (which she herself seemed contradicted about it based on her later writings and press interviews), it turned me off...
Chateau Vin

Post by Chateau Vin »

Yesterday I was watching CNN, here is an interesting take by Zakaria's GPS program. I agree to the most part that the tax code has become Pay for Play, and I personally think SC also has a role in that vicious cycle. Like I said before, the divided SC has become the defacto power in this country...

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/10/08 ... -taxes.cnn
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

I like Fareed Zakaria a lot.
jal

Post by jal »

Tim Urban writes one of the smartest blogs on the internet, here's his take on the debate, pretty funny imo.

http://waitbutwhy.com/2016/10/second-pr ... ebate.html
Best

Jacques
stefan

Post by stefan »

Thanks for the link, Jacques. I alternately laughed and cried all the way through it.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

It looks like the Russians are altering the material they are getting by hacking the Clinton campaign servers and are feeding it to Trump.

From a Newsweek article by Kurt Eichenwald:
http://www.newsweek.com/vladimir-putin- ... nik-508635

This is not funny. It is terrifying. The Russians engage in a sloppy disinformation effort and, before the day is out, the Republican nominee for president is standing on a stage reciting the manufactured story as truth. How did this happen? Who in the Trump campaign was feeding him falsehoods straight from the Kremlin? (The Trump campaign did not respond to a request for comment).

Roger Stone, one of Trump's advisers, has apparently met several times with Julian Assange, so that may be part of the link.

This is Watergate with Russian hackers, Putin and Assange playing the roles of the Watergate burglars.
jal

Post by jal »

Wow!! I would really like the Times and the Journal to present this as well. May get some additional traction.
But David,in a campaign full of scandals by this buffoon, this is just another one on the list.
Best

Jacques
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

We'll see if it gets traction or is picked up by other news outlets. Further evidence of Trump sexually assaulting women may also be in the offing, and could drown it out. Or it may be difficult to connect the dots without some speculation. But it sure seems to be in character with Trump's behavior. And it goes to the heart of the political process.
AKR

Post by AKR »

DavidG wrote:It looks like the Russians are altering the material they are getting by hacking the Clinton campaign servers and are feeding it to Trump.

From a Newsweek article by Kurt Eichenwald:
http://www.newsweek.com/vladimir-putin- ... nik-508635

This is not funny. It is terrifying. The Russians engage in a sloppy disinformation effort and, before the day is out, the Republican nominee for president is standing on a stage reciting the manufactured story as truth. How did this happen? Who in the Trump campaign was feeding him falsehoods straight from the Kremlin? (The Trump campaign did not respond to a request for comment).

Roger Stone, one of Trump's advisers, has apparently met several times with Julian Assange, so that may be part of the link.

This is Watergate with Russian hackers, Putin and Assange playing the roles of the Watergate burglars.
Does the average American voter care about internal DNC emails? I'm highly engaged in politics and markets ... and I don't really care. Why would Joe Sixpack care?

Seems like an inside the Beltway tempest.

The most compelling anti Trump argument is just watching him. He gets distracted by everything, like an autistic kindergartner. His newest fight now is with Paul Ryan.

Just what he needs, another enemy.

And all those years of throwing stones at BHO, have now come back to bite. A sitting President is campaigning 1-2 days a week against him, in the battleground states.

When on a Saturday in October, a few weeks before an election, DJT is sulking in his Trump Tower FuhrerBunker with his last die hards, who missed the last submarine out to Texas.

I told everyone 20 years ago he was a jackass.
Chateau Vin

Post by Chateau Vin »

AKR wrote:
I told everyone 20 years ago he was a jackass.
Come on Arv. You are being nice, modest and "Politically Correct" in saying so...

My observations...

1. When you say something that is not true so many times, people lose sense of what is fact and what is not, and slowly the lie becomes elevated to the level of truth...That's what that Jackass does and exploits...

2. If you are a rabid follower of someone, you tend to like even an authoritarian demagogue, albeit detriment to your own interests...History is ripe with such examples...That explains why his rabid supporters are willing to go off the cliff with Trump train instead of jumping off of it...

3. It's remarkable that when he says something bad to someone without any basis, I think that's actually him! With his perpetuating lies, before someone calls him a liar he would attack the opponent as liar. His policy lacks any specifics and substance, but he spews that his opponent's is just all talk. It's like a defense mechanism of a 5 year old...

4. Either the guy is in a denial of his standing among voters or following scorched earth policy of taking down everyone with him...Either way it's repugnant...
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

Someone floated the idea that his emotional development was arrested at age 13 when his father sent him to military school to cure his lack of discipline.
That would explain so much of his pre-adolescent behavior.
Like the constant projections of undesirable aspects of himself onto his opponents.
AKR

Post by AKR »

I think he is just choosing a scorched earth strategy, and come Reality Wednesday in November, he'll just tell his supporters the elites stole the election from him.

And he'll continue his rock throwing from the sidelines, without accountability, and basically just earn money off his TV shows, which I also suppose provide him with entertainment.

The professional jackals surrounding him don't really care about policy or national agendas, it's enough that they bill out hours for their consulting gigs, and rack up advertising on their web sites.

So I'll expect another 4 years of time that is wasted as our Ponzi entitlement schemes continue to wind down, and the coming inevitable adjustments, just get more painful.

Smug Americans laughing at Puerto Rico or Greece's plight who ignore that math applies to them too.

====

Ryan to me is being realistic and trying to carve out the best peace he can, knowing this battle is lost.

No different than Germans at the twilight of the Reich realizing that the less land the Soviets held, and the more in Allied hands, the better the nation would be (eventually) even if that took a half century.
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

The playbook for his campaign comes from Breitbart.
After the election, the next step is to create a television network.
They've successfully ensured funding for their programming for years to come.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I'm going to make a bold statement:
This race isn't over yet.
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

:D
Like any race isn't over until the winner crosses the finish line.

Wait, I thought you already called it for Trump a week ago.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Four weeks from today. Eternity. The polls have already started to tighten after the debate. A very volatile electorate.