President Trump

JimHow

Re: President Trump

Post by JimHow »

What a bunch of pussies in Texas.

Did you see the Proud Boys guy on the steps of the White House? Can't wait to see what's coming next from these pathetic losers.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Dave Wasserman@Redistrict, Dec 11, 2020:
All 50 states and D.C. have now certified their 2020 election results:
Biden 81,282,376 (51.3%)
Trump 74,222,576 (46.9%)
—That's a 2.4 point margin swing against Trump vs. 2016 and a 15.9% increase in votes cast
.”

So Biden wins the popular vote by 4.4%, which along with 2008 is the largest margin of victory since ‘96. He received over 81 million votes, but Trump turned out way more voters too.

Popular vote margin of victory since 1972
1972 Nixon +23.2%
1976 Carter +2.0%
1980 Reagan +9.7%
1984 Reagan +18.2%
1988 Bush +7.7%
1992 Clinton +5.6%
1996 Clinton +8.5%
2000 Bush −0.5%
2004 Bush +2.4%
2008 Obama +7.3%
2012 Obama +3.9%
2016 Trump −2.1%
2020 Biden +4.4%
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Impressed with this Rep Jason Crow from Colorado, he seems like an up and comer.
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

And we've been hacked! Trump says nothing, dropping another turd on our country.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

They are saying on CNN that 54 million Americans are “food insecure” right now, meaning they are going to be missing meals in the coming days.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

The last Shields and Brooks... sigh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1MKG_3jC9g
tim

Post by tim »

It's still amazing that in the past 30 years, Republicans have won the Presidential popular vote just once. And it was for an incumbent.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I'm still not sure this is over yet.
I think there are still plenty more opportunities for mischief in this, our banana republic.
We have United States senators saying that Joe Biden is not president-elect.
Mike Pence could easily go rogue come January 6th, and what happens when Donald declares martial law.
You know it's coming.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

$600....

Jesus Christ, what a pathetic piece of shit country.

OMG.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I stepped over the mentally ill homeless guy sleeping near the bathroom down the hall in the building at my law office this morning on Lisbon Street.
I've represented him before, he knows I'd never kick him out. It was like 5 degrees Fahrenheit last night.
I gave him $20, all I had in my pocket. Where will we be in 10 years? In China's hands, I'm afraid. This country is in big, big trouble.

Six Hundred Bucks.... Omg. Guys, I'm finding myself really hating this fucking piece of shit country. What a disgrace.
jal

Post by jal »

Agree, enough with the band-aids. End the suffering now and legislate a Universal Basic Income of $12,000 per individual, $30,000 for a family of four. Use that to replace welfare and food stamps payments, end poverty in an easy one step solution.

Obviously, not my idea and I highly recommend Andrew Yang's book: The War on Normal People.
Best

Jacques
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I've got it in my Amazon queue, Jacques.

So....

What happens this week when the Dems squeak out victories in Georgia on Tuesday, and the Republicans deny the Senate and Presidential results on Wednesday?

This should be interesting.
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

JimHow wrote:I've got it in my Amazon queue, Jacques.

So....

What happens this week when the Dems squeak out victories in Georgia on Tuesday, and the Republicans deny the Senate and Presidential results on Wednesday?

This should be interesting.
and DC gets 4 different pro Trump protests groups on Wednesday including those noble folks, the loser boys. Downtown DC is boarded up, the area around the White House looks like a DMZ. One reason we're outta here this year!
Musigny 151

Post by Musigny 151 »

I am like those Trump supporters convinced there was fraud during this election. It is hard to imagine that 74 million of my fellow citizens voted for this narcissistic, incompetent. So I did my own count and came up with the following:

Remaining members of Ku Kux Clan 47 votes.
Other White supremacists 117, 643
Republicans in Congress 280 (please note there is some overlap with categories 1 and 2)
Trump employees who would rather not see him come back to work 754
Miscellaneous village idiots 83,654
Fraudulent votes of dead mothers and wives of Trump supporters 156
Interfering Kremlin hackers 73, 123,123
OrlandoRobert

Post by OrlandoRobert »

Musigny 151 wrote:I am like those Trump supporters convinced there was fraud during this election. It is hard to imagine that 74 million of my fellow citizens voted for this narcissistic, incompetent. So I did my own count and came up with the following:

Remaining members of Ku Kux Clan 47 votes.
Other White supremacists 117, 643
Republicans in Congress 280 (please note there is some overlap with categories 1 and 2)
Trump employees who would rather not see him come back to work 754
Miscellaneous village idiots 83,654
Fraudulent votes of dead mothers and wives of Trump supporters 156
Interfering Kremlin hackers 73, 123,123
Haha, brilliant.

Mind-blowing that seemingly intelligent, credible people are following him, let alone members of Congress. Really depressing that these fucks care more about power than our democracy. That, folks, is fascism. Plain and simple.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Yeah, listening to him in that call, it's clear to me that this will be far from over on Wednesday.
He's going to try to get the military involved.
OrlandoRobert

Post by OrlandoRobert »

JimHow wrote:Yeah, listening to him in that call, it's clear to me that this will be far from over on Wednesday.
He's going to try to get the military involved.
That call was terrifying.

We are experiencing a coup attempt right now. People don’t think it can happen in a country like this, but just look at what we are seeing. That’s how it happens.
Last edited by OrlandoRobert on Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

I listened to the entire call. A few things struck me in particular: Trump is a moron, he has a substance-free mind that can only resort to repeating itself over and over, pointing out meaningless nonsense three or four times like he’s getting paid by the word; Trump is nuts; we have no choice but to prosecute this guy.

And I agree this is fascism incarnate. It is self evident that Trump would use any means to steal power, but I am not worried about the military helping him even with his cronies in the Pentagon.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

So what happens when Pence, as presiding officer, doesn't allow the counting of the votes.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

JimHow wrote:So what happens when Pence, as presiding officer, doesn't allow the counting of the votes.
Good question. Uncharted territory.

My guess is he pushes it as far as he can to make a symbolic display and then “under protest” allows the certification to happen. And if he refuses altogether, why can’t the senate just choose to vote to certify without his ceremonial function?
Claret

Post by Claret »

Lawyers, guns and money. Wednesday and Thursday should be historic. Locked and loaded.
Glenn
Claret

Post by Claret »

Good one Arv, that looks like Mr. Smith.
Glenn
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

What would Warren Zevon say?
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I haven’t heard any of the experts say what happens when Mike Pence doesn’t allow the count to be completed.
A petition by the Biden campaign to federal court for writ of mandamus?
I can easily see Pence agreeing to not allow certification of the election.
This is what happens in banana republics.
There is no bottom when it comes to Trump.
They have already floated martial law, now they are floating an extension of the inauguration beyond January 20th.
That would be suspending the constitution, you say?
Indeed, that’s the definition of martial law.
This is all a zero sum game for Orange. He has absolutely nothing to lose by burning down the house. He knows bad things are coming for him legally once he surrenders, he has absolutely nothing to lose by fighting to the bitter end.
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

That phone call of Trump's to the Georgia official beggars belief.

How did such a vile man make it to the White House, and narly get re-elected?

Surely, what Trump did was illegal?
How the hell can he avoid prosecution?

Alex R.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

There is no bottom with him, Alex.
He will go even lower — much lower — before this is through.
Mike Pence will give him new life on Wednesday.
I mean, what is so unreasonable about a ten day audit of the votes by a commission!
OrlandoRobert

Post by OrlandoRobert »

AlexR wrote:That phone call of Trump's to the Georgia official beggars belief.

How did such a vile man make it to the White House, and narly get re-elected?

Surely, what Trump did was illegal?
How the hell can he avoid prosecution?

Alex R.
The emperor has no clothes. We are a banana republic under this GOP.

Side note, my Cuban parents - unlike most Cubans - despise Trump and voted for Biden. They lived first-hand the Castro coup. They told me last week, this is how it happens. Nobody thinks that it will happen, and therefore underestimate the movement, and then it does in fact happen.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

I think it’s clear at this point that for most Republicans Trump’s strong-man, fascistic, demagoguery are a feature not a bug. The GOP leadership sold its soul many years ago and it’s paying the price now with a rank-and-file party that believes Obama was born in Kenya, that Democrat ‘elites’ are running a child sex trafficking ring out of a pizzeria, and that openly preferred Putin to a duly elected American president. Any pretense of really believing in democracy is gone. Imagine what happens when the GOP fully realizes it is unlikely to ever win the popular vote again and the National Popular Vote Interstate compact gets to the magic 270 EC vote threshold?

I don’t think any of this will help Trump now. I do think Biden is inaugurated on Jan 20, that Trump is out of tricks, but what if a few Republicans secretaries of state in swing states had gone along with Trump’s brazen pressure campaign, or a judge has sided with Giuliani or the Supreme Court had signaled a willingness to subvert the election? Very scary to think about.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

I agree with many of the comments above, though nothing about that batshit crazy phone call surprised me. Completely in character.

Nor would I be surprised by any further shenanigans by Pence or any of the Rs in Congress. I can't answer any of the "what happens if" questions or the details of the path to get there, but I'm fairly confident that Biden will be sworn in on January 20. A lot more confident than I was the first few weeks after the election.

That said, the Rs are going to cripple the Biden administration, just like they did with Obama. Getting a decent-sized chunk of the 74 million loonies to distinguish fact from fiction and vote the power-mad sycophants out is the only way to fix this, and that isn't going to happen any time soon. If ever. What really needs fixing is the rampant stupidity, and you know the saying...
Tom In DC

Post by Tom In DC »

Blanquito wrote:I think it’s clear at this point that for most Republicans Trump’s strong-man, fascistic, demagoguery are a feature not a bug.
We have to think about the problem from the perspective of the small mind of the politician. In the Republicans' case, their voters have been split down the middle between conservatives and Trumpians. Any Republican up for reelection in two or four years (or both) has to suck up, er, uh, adhere to DJT's ravings to have any hope of having the Trumpians come out in the next elections.

Imagine a similar scenario for the Dems in a decade when AOC and nonegenarian Bernie split the party...
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I’ve been watching a lot of the talking heads and I’ve yet to hear anyone tell us what is going to happen when Pence refuses to count the votes from the four states, says that it is reasonable to form a ten day election commission, etc., etc. What then? Parliamentary procedure? Does Grassley take over? If so, Trump will cast it as unconstitutional.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Apropos of very little that’s going on over the next few weeks, I was pretty shocked by the factoid: “[In the 2020 election] Trump received 46 percent of the vote, but the counties he won represented only 29 percent of America’s economic output.”

I’m sure none of us here think that the validity of one’s vote should have anything to do with their socioeconomic status, but facts like these make me wonder how much longer the system can hold. If 29% of the nation’s economic output can run roughshod over the remaining 71% due primarily to the anti-democratic realities of the Electoral College and the Senate, at what point do the wealth creating portions of the country get truly fed up?

I read an article way back in 2002 about how as little as 15% of the population can potentially elect more than 50 senators, but how historically this small fraction of the populace was roughly evenly split between the left and right of the country. But that hasn’t between true for at least 20 years.
OrlandoRobert

Post by OrlandoRobert »

DavidG wrote: That said, the Rs are going to cripple the Biden administration, just like they did with Obama. Getting a decent-sized chunk of the 74 million loonies to distinguish fact from fiction and vote the power-mad sycophants out is the only way to fix this, and that isn't going to happen any time soon. If ever. What really needs fixing is the rampant stupidity, and you know the saying...
Obama had a crippled Administration? Amazing how effective he was notwithstanding. I still think he’s our greatest modern era President. Not to mention the classiest. Not a single scandal that I can recall. Now that said, I think Biden is a good man but a weak President at this late stage in his life. Voted for him, glad he’s in, but depressing that we had no younger superstars in the party to take over. I worry about 2024, I do not see a Biden second term, whether because of capacity or just having to go through another election cycle four years later. And I do not see Harris as the successor. Perhaps she will prove me otherwise. Whatever we have, it is 1000x great than the thug in office. There are not enough nasty words in the dictionary or in slang to describe how despicable and horrible of a human being Trump is.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Dave Wasserman
@Redistrict · 10m ago
Bottom line so far: I think Republicans have a turnout problem.”

A 50-50 Senate might be in our near future!!!
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

It's going to be really close, I think we are going to lose.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

boy, that AG you guys got down there in Teeyyyyzzxas, Stefan, is a real beaut..
Can you guys like just join Mexico, or something, and leave the rest of us normal folk alone.

not looking good in GA, Patrick, the early numbers seem too close, no?
Gerry M.

Post by Gerry M. »

Its been sort of a back story with everything else going on but I'm starting to believe that Trumps #1 immediate and possibly most consequential threat will be Scotland. At the time he bought Turnbury he was already heavily in debt and somehow he had boat loads of cash on hand to invest in that and other Scottish assets. The Scots hate him and look to push on knowing the source of it. Russia maybe?
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Still a lot of votes to come in in the suburbs of Atlanta.
Enough? The fate of the republic may depend on it.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

JimHow wrote:It's going to be really close, I think we are going to lose.
That was my expectation earlier today, but with 66% of vote reporting things look tight but leaning Dem.